• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meet Harvey Dents, questions about hail dent repair

My 40 years of autobody experience is not needed. ODT has plenty of experts that know nothing.

I’m open to expert opinions. I’ve only got about 10 hours of rattle can experience so I’m a pretty open book. I want the truck fixed, but it’s going to be a truck and used as a truck, so I’m stuck between cheaper and cheaper work with only a slightly better result, or throw cash at it and get it fixed right and have something I’ll be sad when I scratch it in two weeks. Just ask my 84 4runner, took me two days out of paint and body to scratch the crap out of it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you should invest in the PDR tools and take a course on how to repair yourself.

Probably cheaper in the long haul and who knows, after you learn you could start a gig repairing other folks' cars at 100 bucks/pop.

Back in the day bought a brand new BMW 530i in '03. It was a magnet for door dings. Dealership charged 100 bucks/per. Worth every penny. Couldn't even tell it was ever there.

Good luck OP.

As an alternative, might be cheaper to possibly fill the dents or not, and have it wrapped. But I'm not sure how much abuse it will take if you're planning on REALLY using it.

In 92 I bought a new Silverado and it received similar damage. Almost all of mine had to be replaced, within the top and a few other body panels. It made me physically sick seeing it after the tornado hit. At least for you bought yours that way, black paint shows every imperfections.

If Gunanddoglover Gunanddoglover hasn't chimed in yet, he could point out a good direction to take on types of repair to go with.

In 92 I bought a new Silverado and it received similar damage. Almost all of mine had to be replaced, within the top and a few other body panels. It made me physically sick seeing it after the tornado hit. At least for you bought yours that way, black paint shows every imperfections.

If Gunanddoglover Gunanddoglover hasn't chimed in yet, he could point out a good direction to take on types of repair to go with.

I have see post #21

Back
Top Bottom