• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Meet Harvey Dents, questions about hail dent repair

grandall1972

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
249   0
Reaction score
Recently got this 2014 ram 3500 mega cab 4x4 with aisin trans. It was a hail damage vehicle from the dealership. Got a great deal on it, but would like to get as many of the dents out as possible.

Not looking for a new truck, just want to reduce the dents as much as possible. I have new mopar doors that could be painted and put on.

Not really going to bother me as it is, but improved would be better.

Really is a two faced truck and why I’m calling it Harvey Dents.

Any ideas.

84D12E85-1954-4FD7-B64F-773EED28DB72.jpeg
2609EC5C-B6F2-4067-B73F-2695D8CAD3BD.jpeg
D74920BB-CFCD-429B-9240-B5246FD54831.jpeg
5BE2D0E4-47C1-4636-B6C5-9976450EB49A.jpeg
E916ECD5-6406-4BA6-8AE9-8AC94F89C17B.jpeg
14C46954-7C18-4282-9355-01C617B69276.jpeg
3D6182C9-9624-448E-ABF3-37CB90DA1A2B.jpeg

Some of that would come out with a little work with suction cups and a rubber mallet. The bigger ones on the curves may come out too with the right body guy, but the guys to do that work are not cheap and it's very labor intensive. That's why most insurance companies total just about anything with hail damage.

There used to be a dude named Singh, Korean dude, that went around to dealerships around Austell and Marietta. Guy was a magician, he'd go inside the panels of the car and roll the dents out with long steel rods. That truck looks pretty jacked but ole buddy would have it ready to sell as brand new.
I have no idea how to find him but surely someone else offers this service.

There used to be a dude named Singh, Korean dude, that went around to dealerships around Austell and Marietta. Guy was a magician, he'd go inside the panels of the car and roll the dents out with long steel rods. That truck looks pretty jacked but ole buddy would have it ready to sell as brand new.
I have no idea how to find him but surely someone else offers this service.

Those guys are awesome to watch. Tap here, with some pressure there and the dents gone.

I always liked those mega cab dualies, love your wheels :thumb:

Must have been incredible sideways-blowing hail in order to damage your passenger side and hardly touch your drivers side.

I was, destroyed most of the car lot. Believe it was in Nebraska , and there was an article about it.

Any decent PDR (paintless dent removal) technician would blow your mind with the magic they could work on those dents......but it's not cheap. Dent wizards is reputable if you want to get a quote. A good friend works for them but he is out of state or I'd give you his info.

I had a dent removal guy take some dings out of a car. Totally removed them with no paint damage. Yours looks pretty bad so can’t expect perfect results but could get the smaller dent removed. Drive it and smile at the $$$$ savings.

Nice truck. I too got a hail damaged truck on a deal. Fortunately the dealer had already had most of the damage fixed before I saw it. The nice thing is you can use this truck without worry. Mine is an 05 Dodge that I'm still driving.

Back
Top Bottom