• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanic question - Buick A/C

Update: I ordered a climate control module, that should arrive in a few days. I'll get that installed and see if things stabilize. I know from experience, I just pulled the battery and things are working fine right now, they'll keep working for a few days then it'll revert back to "defroster vents" only. When the new module comes in I'll test for a couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

The reason it works normal again is because the system does a self test and reset. Anytime you replace an actuator on the newer gm vehicles it calls for a removal and reinstallation of the fuse for that circuit iirc, unplugging the battery causes it to re-calibrate as well I would assume. Went through this in my wife’s vehicle (Acadia, same as Enclave & Traverse). If it keeps defaulting to that position after recalibration, it’s being told to which would lead me to believe Kyzrsoze is correct on his diagnosis. Let us know the verdict.

Update: Installed the new climate control module and the symptoms are identical. Regardless of where you set air flow to it always sends most of the flow out the defroster vents and some out the floor vents.

Update: Installed the new climate control module and the symptoms are identical. Regardless of where you set air flow to it always sends most of the flow out the defroster vents and some out the floor vents.
It's likely an issue with the blend door actuators. When they fail, the blend doors are stuck in position. I'm not sure how difficult they are to access on that car.

I have a blend door, ordered a new AC Delco when the experiment with the HVAC control module failed. I haven't figured out yet just how to access/replace the existing. Dug around Youtube hoping to find a video but no luck so far.

I have a blend door, ordered a new AC Delco when the experiment with the HVAC control module failed. I haven't figured out yet just how to access/replace the existing. Dug around Youtube hoping to find a video but no luck so far.
It should be identical to the Pontiac Bonneville and other G body cars of the era

Look under hood at ALL your quarter inch size hoses. Check each end one at the time, replace those that are split. One is the usual suspect.

Also check the vacuum check valve in the end of the canister on vac reserve.

We had a Pk Ave Ultra that gave us similar problems....was strange but an Interior Ambient Air Temp Sensor at top of glovebox fixed that issue.

Back
Top Bottom