McDonough Swap Meet and Greet May 30, 10AM until

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnum1b

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
23   0
Reaction score
Cross Posted from the original thread. Please RSVP to this thread.

SOUTHSIDE MEET DETAILS AMERICAN HERITAGE GUN RANGE

SATURDAY, MAY 30
10AM UNTIL

FOLLOW THE SIGNS TO THE COVERED PARKING SHEDS IF YOU HAVE TRADES, OTHERWISE PLEASE PARK OUTSIDE THE SHED

I finalized the date with George Mazzant today. The most votes were for Saturday, May 30 so that is the date. We will be using one of the large covered parking areas to the right of the main building as you come in the drive. Hours will be 10AM when the range opens and run until the last ones pull out. George will be providing lunch in the form of hotdogs and hamburgers grilled outside. We'll shoot for noon on the food.

Weekends are their busiest time so if you can double up on a bay that might
help them out. There are two bays with ten 25-yard lanes in each bay. I'll have to ask but I believe you can shoot up to .308.

Please RSVP if you can commit by May 27
so I can give the range an estimated head count for the food.

If you want to shoot, the range fee will be $10 per shooter. If you have never shot at this range you will be required to watch a short video on range safety/rules. In addition please follow the following rules when on the property: I know they're "common knowledge" but it never hurts to reiterate.

RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE LOADED

RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY

RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

Open carry is allowed but please do not unholster your weapon in the parking lot.
I will endeavor to set up a safe area for clearing loaded weapons in the Swap Meet area.

IF YOU MUZZLE ANYONE IN THE AREA YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY!

These are my rules and if you don't like or think you can abide by them then please do not come to this event.

Here are the names who have indicated they will attend or at least make an effort.

Magnum1b
Nitrexman
JWC
Sonofapreacherman
Chopper Duke
Biker13
HarryCalahan
Gimli24
Geezer
White
Safe Cracka
Miatadude
Butshot
Safellow1967
TankJake1977
Mikey357
Kertwood
Leatherhead
Poopdaddy
MTW45
Tiger13
Bambammep
JDele
dd2303

Last edited:
Thanks, spread the word. George has been very open and honest with me on this and I really think he is trying to improve on the past.

TCASS
Jack Ferguson

Thanks magnum1b magnum1b for all the effort in working this out with AH. Excellent job unfortunately I'll be on vacation that day so making the meet will be a challenge. I must convince my wife and son the importance of attending the hopefully Annual Southside SWAP M&G. Still excited for the ODTrs on the southside. Y'all show your support and let's try to start a new tradition down here.

My aim is to make this a safe and fun meet. The location is ideal for this type of meet and as far as I know the range is the best on the Southside.

My aim is to make this a safe and fun meet. The location is ideal for this type of meet and as far as I know the range is the best on the Southside.

The range is definitely top of the line. You won't be let down I assure you of that. And $10 to shoot that new trade you get is very generous of AH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom