• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massive Run On Firearms If Hitlery Elected

G A, like you I can see a Hillary win leaving gun stores jam packed from election day + 1 until she takes office (and busy after that). Not that she will get everything she wants if elected, but you can bet she will try Executive Orders or arm twisting to get what she wants as far as gun control, spending on liberal causes, etc. I also wonder if this won't be a repeat of the Carter vs Reagan election where the news sources kept telling us how close a race it was right up until Reagan won by a very wide margain. I'm sure hoping for the latter, but then again I watched the great-and-wonderful-O get elected TWICE!

Why wait for Hillary? Regardless of which idiot is elected people should already have what they need. The fools who wait until November deserve what they pay for what they get.

80430-well-spoken-sir-gif-Princess-B-eNib_zpsxccimk6v.gif

Are we assuming that the guns we already own would be "grandfathered" and exempted from Hillary's new federal gun ban?

That's probably a safe assumption, and that's what gun-hating Sen. Diane Finestein proposed a few years ago, in a bill to create a new federal AWB that would be more comprehensive than the one we had 1994-2004.

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons-ban-summary

Notice, though, that she proposes to ban all TRANSFERS of the banned guns. So "you" could own it, but you could not pass it down to your kids. Or anybody else. When you're through owning it, it becomes contraband and the State seizes it. Or you can melt it down into a paperweight for your desk.

I think if Hillary gets in it will be like 2008 w/ Obama. Maybe a little heavier since she's pushed gun control this election.

Since she promised her backers that would be something she'd do 'day 1', I'm sure we'll see something proposed, but unless Congress changes radically it won't pass and she'll get to say 'I tried but the evil NRA bribed all the politicians". She's too smart a politician to waste political capital on a losing cause.

Everyone will relax for a while until the first mass-shooting that doesn't involve terrorists comes along. Something like Sandy Hook, where she can take the 'high ground' while pushing for everything she's worth.

Who knows when that will happen... but it will be like 2103 on steroids since this time we would be dealing with a really dangerous politician, not a posturing idiot and a shotgun-toting buffoon.

She will definitely push a more locked-down AWB, maybe even something like Australia, banning ALL semi-autos. Don't know if she could pull that off but I'm guessing they would shoot for that, and take a nat'l background check bill as a 'compromise'. Probably add in a few 'little' things, like mag limits and restrictions on mail order ammo as well.

If at this point anyone doesn't have the supplies they need, they haven't been paying attention.

I am also stocking up for my kids, kids. (My future grandchildren.)

They are probably going to need it more than I will. :(

By then they will be antiques. Would you want your great-grand kids to be armed with the future equivalent of black-powder rifles?

Anyway, I think I think that article is just flipper wishful-thinking. Each outrage that has provoked gun-runs has gotten smaller and smaller. I think the market is pretty much saturated by now, or should be. Anyone who had the inclination to buy firearms already has. Everyone else is either indifferent or actively supports gun bans.

Back
Top Bottom