• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massachusetts Here

Welcome to ODT.

What is the process of getting a Gun Licence in Massachusetts? I was stationed at Hanscom AFB, for 8yrs, and where told no gun licenses.

@Bushwick100

I'm from Somerville/Arlington and it takes an act of Congress. It's pretty hard. I would like to also add that I hope you enjoyed the area with it's rich history and you were right by Walden Pond, Concord and Lexington. My father worked at Lincoln Laboratories on Hanscom and been there many times.

C312FA38-215E-449C-A7ED-F404522D68B5.gif

Welcome to ODT.

What is the process of getting a Gun Licence in Massachusetts? I was stationed at Hanscom AFB, for 8yrs, and where told no gun licenses.

@Bushwick100
I'm from Somerville/Arlington and it takes an act of Congress. It's pretty hard. I would like to also add that I hope you enjoyed the area with it's rich history and you were right by Walden Pond, Concord and Lexington. My father worked at Lincoln Laboratories on Hanscom and been there many times.

From what I understand from friends still there, it completely depends on your local LEO on whether you can get a carry license. Getting a firearms ID card isn't a huge deal though.

I had one back in the late 70s and that process is still the same. There's just a lot fewer guns you can buy with one these days since Mass has a gun roster like CA does.

BTW, my Mom and Dad met at Lincoln Labs back in the late 50s. He was an engineer working on radar and stuff there, and she was a 'computer'. Back then that meant a person (typically a woman) with a math degree who would get handed a bunch of calculations to do on a really impressive mechanical calculator and send the answer back up to the engineers. Think of a secretarial pool but instead of typing letters they were doing math problems to launch rockets.

My sister used to ride horses at a barn in Concord just past Hanscom, and I would drive past the Minuteman statue every time I had to drop her off at the barn.

Sad how that state has devolved. From literally the state that founded the country to the one that represents it the least these days...

Back
Top Bottom