• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Masked Bandito

Going to set a few traps today , only set when I can check daily.
I intend to try marshmallows in one , I read that its a favorite.

Make sure it’s catch and release, or nuisance control measures being taken. Raccoon season closed on 2/29/20.
I used to catch them when I was younger and had fun doing so. Next time you set a trap up, try a honey bun. Just open one end of the wrapper and place it in the trap. Honey Buns are like crack cocaine to raccoons.

Never ate possum.. heard it was greasy.. had raccoon once when I was kid. Thought it was stringy but don’t remember it being greasy but that was a hundred yrs ago though so it mite have been

Make sure it’s catch and release, or nuisance control measures being taken. Raccoon season closed on 2/29/20.
I used to catch them when I was younger and had fun doing so. Next time you set a trap up, try a honey bun. Just open one end of the wrapper and place it in the trap. Honey Buns are like crack cocaine to raccoons.

Absolutely thanks!

Coon isn't greasy. It's a surprising lean meat, very dark and almost sweet. Need to know where the glands in the legs are and remove those.

We lived in Ky. for a while and the deacons of the little church had a coon BBQ every spring. There were some serious coon hunters in that church. People would come from all over the area for the BBQ.

F5516183-BB05-46B9-A754-39F49508066B.jpeg
Got him using marshmallows!

We had a possum today , he was released.
Wife came with us today , she yelled at the grandson for “tormenting the possum” which entailed squatting down beside it.
He told her we are going to shoot it, she howled.

I told her on the way home, honey it was good to have you with us. You didn't kill all of the fun, just 99% or so of it.
It was nice for all of us to go, Church was cancelled today sadly.

Back
Top Bottom