• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marion Road Gun Club is where it’s at!!!

Unless they are doing range maintenance or hosting an event
True. We don't allow shooting on a range (we have 6) where another match is happening nor do we allow shooting on ranges where members are working. It's sort of a common sense safety issue. If you'd like, you may rejoin and propose at a monthly business meeting that the club allow shooting on ranges where work is in progress.

True. We don't allow shooting on a range (we have 6) where another match is happening nor do we allow shooting on ranges where members are working. It's sort of a common sense safety issue. If you'd like, you may rejoin and propose at a monthly business meeting that the club allow shooting on ranges where work is in progress.

Its also common to look at the web site to make sure you do not go during events you dont wish to participate in or make sure you dont show up during maintenance
I lack common sense sometimes and driving 40 minutes to do nothing isn't fun. I suggest members keep track of the work and event schedule. Have you put up a steel Target range yet?

Its also common to look at the web site to make sure you do not go during events you dont wish to participate in or make sure you dont show up during maintenance
I lack common sense sometimes and driving 40 minutes to do nothing isn't fun. I suggest members keep track of the work and event schedule. Have you put up a steel Target range yet?
It is always recommended that members check the calendar on the website or Facebook to make sure a match isn't taking place on a range they want to use at the time they want to use it. We have two regularly scheduled monthly matches and have for some time. A rifle match occurs on the fourth Saturday of each month so the 100 yard rifle range is occupied from 8 - 1, it is open to the public. The "action match" happens each third Saturday of the month in one or more of the 2 new pistol bays on the left side of the property. The general purpose range, 200 yard rifle range and the original bullseye pistol ranges are almost never occupied.

We had steel targets set up on the pistol range for years but people couldn't resist putting holes in them with rifles and rifle caliber "pistols", so they've been taken down. Members may bring their own steel targets (and many do) and shoot them with whatever and however they want as long as they do it safely. It only takes a couple of jackasses to ruin something for everyone.

This time of year with the clear cool sky, the 100 yard rifle has amazing light. The sun is directly behind you and the bank has brilliant light for excellent shooting.

View from the target line
0120191718.jpg

View from the shooting benches
0120191724.jpg

Back
Top Bottom