• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marines deactivate Hawaii Battalion

So reporter Chelsee Yee not only disrespected the General once, but twice in the article by calling him a Lieutenant !! :doh:

They've been chipping away at Uncle Sams Misguided Children for many years. Budget cuts, wanting to integrate them into the Army, political correctness, etc...
Sad to see whats happened and happening to my beloved Corps.

Battlefield promotions?
Semper Fi
Yessir. Some, not all. He was lucky at catching the eye of a General while he was in Tokyo during Korean War. He was an officer at that point though. He ended up with a job with the Gen for a few months and his promotions were for duty in and out of battle .
The age part became because of the General though…..from how i understand it . When the job he was on with the Gen was over, he had become impressed with my father as dad did an outstanding job for him often doing things it took to get the gen what he wanted or going beyond normal mean and channels i guess.
When they were geting ready for the mission parting , Dad said that about a week before the mission was up asked dad what he wanted most out of the service, of course dad says to make SgtMaj.
So when the gen was departing dad was standing at steps of the plane in salute and the general comes up and salute him and says , take care Sgt Maj. His promotion came a week later.
My dad also has field decorations . Bronze …. purple.
I have just about all his old stuff from the Marines

Yessir. Some, not all. He was lucky at catching the eye of a General while he was in Tokyo during Korean War. He was an officer at that point though. He ended up with a job with the Gen for a few months and his promotions were for duty in and out of battle .
The age part became because of the General though…..from how i understand it . When the job he was on with the Gen was over, he had become impressed with my father as dad did an outstanding job for him often doing things it took to get the gen what he wanted or going beyond normal mean and channels i guess.
When they were geting ready for the mission parting , Dad said that about a week before the mission was up asked dad what he wanted most out of the service, of course dad says to make SgtMaj.
So when the gen was departing dad was standing at steps of the plane in salute and the general comes up and salute him and says , take care Sgt Maj. His promotion came a week later.
My dad also has field decorations . Bronze …. purple.
I have just about all his old stuff from the Marines
GOD BLESS your family and the USMC

They sure are out to reinvent the USMC. Killed their armor and talks of killing off the air wing. Kind of goes against everything that made the Marine Corp a success and deterrent all these years I think.
No....it goes to show you what the next war will actually be.

We wouldnt be the Country that made it this far without the Marines. We would have lost a long time ago and would be speaking different languages by now…..wait, does Spanish count? Oh well !
Yall know what i am yammering on about.
I never served in any branch of the military -
Many of my family did including my father. Being big into it i heard it almost everyday !
I love the armed forces….but it is said that Marines are something of a different breed.
Marines are the ones called on when the crap gets bad.
It is said that GOD loves the USMarines , it is because they keep heaven and hell supplied with fresh souls if called into action.
GOD bless the Marine - he is one tough bastard .

I think if these freaking tyrants selling out our heritage and country , had one smidgen of the strength, courage and integrity that a Marine has ….we wouldnt be anywhere near where we are today.

Prime real estate in Kaneohe Bay. I bet someone's going to make a buck.
30 years ago the Marine base there had the best military dive shop. Good stuff at crazy low prices.

On a more serious note, one of the absolute best instructors I had a a forward observer was a Marine on their "fast mover" track. Guy was super smart, laid back (for a Marine) and would probably had been a Major in only 4-5 years.

Seper Fidelis for my dead uncle and all my colleagues in the USMC.

Back
Top Bottom