• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marines deactivate Hawaii Battalion

HERMET

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
55   0
Reaction score
They sure are out to reinvent the USMC. Killed their armor and talks of killing of the air wing. Kind of goes against everything that made the Marine Corp a success and deterrent all these years I think.
Their ultimate goal is obviously to neuter the fighting ability of the US military.
Really makes you wonder who they're actually working for.

They think wars can be fought with drones, smart weapons and other technological advancements but history has shown over and over that every conflict with the possible exception of total nuclear war requires boots on the ground eventually.
It seems that in the haste to be cutting edge that the blood and guts it actually takes to win battles is being lost.
They're giving combat badges to nerds flying drones now. https://www.stripes.com/branches/ai...intelligence; surveillance and reconnaissance.

They sure are out to reinvent the USMC. Killed their armor and talks of killing off the air wing. Kind of goes against everything that made the Marine Corp a success and deterrent all these years I think.
Its not as if other forces don’t have armor or aircraft.

They think wars can be fought with drones, smart weapons and other technological advancements but history has shown over and over that every conflict with the possible exception of total nuclear war requires boots on the ground eventually.
It seems that in the haste to be cutting edge that the blood and guts it actually takes to win battles is being lost.
They're giving combat badges to nerds flying drones now. https://www.stripes.com/branches/air_force/air-force-recognizes-drone-pilots-with-new-medal-1.605089#:~:text=A new Air Force campaign,operation from a remote location.&text=Airmen serving in the following,or intelligence; surveillance and reconnaissance.
My father is rolling in his grave i bet . He was a big Marine nut. Was the youngest man to make SGTMAJ in the Marine Corp. at the time he was 24yo !

Back
Top Bottom