• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man eats pic thread

I make compound food bowls, some call them protein bowls, paleo bowls, or Atkins bowl.

I usually start with a leftover burger, chicken breast, or pork chop from the Big Green Egg, top that with leftover pinto beans (always have a small bag frozen) top the beans with a good melty cheese, then top the cheese with 2-3 eggs cooked over easy. Add chopped onions, and a couple pieces of chopped bacon slices, and you have the meal of champions. I will make one soon and post pics.

This a thread about the food we cook when no one else is eating. Dude food, if you will.

I'll start it off. The eggs are with okra, tomatoes, vidalias, Crystal hot sauce, Lawry's season salt. Plenty of cheddar jack to make it cheesy. Okra n maters are from our garden, just like the fig jam on the toast. Watching me whip the slimy mess up would make my wife gag and leave the kitchen ;)

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b378_nonnydarnell_IMG_9183_zps0cd9f31e.jpg

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b378_nonnydarnell_IMG_9184_zps4a44264b.jpg

What time's breakfast? I have plenty of fig amd pear preserves as well as apple butter all canned by me!!

I don't have a pic and won't remember to take one, so I'll just explain it.
Quick Chili Cheese dip:
1/2 brick of Velveta
1 can of Ro-tel
1 can of Chili (standard size, not the small can)
Optional
--Pour some buffalo wing sauce in
--Jalapenos

Mix it all in a small crock pot. It's better after it's sat in the fridge for a night. Always a hit at parties with chips. Pour it on hot dogs, burgers, whatever.

I'm also a fan of the 'random stuff in eggs' dinner. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom