• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Making sure I’m reading this right,18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

Why even ask? Just have her put said firearms at your house and give them back when she gets home. As long as you aren't out committing crimes with them and they were legal firearms to begin with I don't see how it ever be questioned much less ever be an issue.

you’re right, it’s 100% a non issue.

I am not going anywhere that I cant carry. If you dont want us lowly American citizens to be able to protect ourselves, then you shouldnt be armed or have armed guards.

So much ado about nothing. They are her guns and she can store them anywhere she wants. She can transport them to any state.
She can decide to have someone transport them to where ever she wants them stored. Im sure the OP isn't prohibited as to possesion so I dont see any problem.

Most states if is lawful to gift firearms to direct family members without a transfer. In this case Illinois requires a firearms ownership card. In ga. She doesn't. If she were to pack up her guns and take them to Georgia she could allow him to take possession until she gets back. She is neither gifting or giving so I think that would be lawful in both jurisdictions.

Drive to Illinois or have her drive to you Put the weapons in your safe, done.When she gets back from deployment have her move to Georgia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom