• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Making sure I’m reading this right,18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

That's not exactly true. As long as the guns are locked up in the trunk without ammunition readily available there are no laws broken.
And.....if you aren't a resident of Illinois, you do not need a FOID card to hold, possess, finger bang, etc., a firearm in that state.

Geez, y'all know how to make a mountain out of mole hill.

See post #2.

She could take her guns, drive to Georgia, rent a storage locker, and put them in it for however long. So she can do the same thing in her father's home. Put them in a footocker, trunk, duffle bag, so long as they are identified as hers some way.

it would be no different than putting them in a storage unit and leaving an extra key with dad.

in fact if they are long guns, she can mail them to herself, c/o dad, and he can hold them for her.

JFC...is this the sh*t that keeps you guys up at night? Grab the guns and store them for your daughter. My dad did it for me during 3 deployments. We didn’t read a single law and did what we want. When I lived at FLW in Missouri i drove through Illinois routinely with my firearms. I’m still here and standing. I believe Chicago has their law enforcement tied up at the moment.

If you possess the guns in a way that you can use them as you see fit,
then it would be a "transfer" and not legal unless the guns go through an FFL dealership.

If she is merely storing her guns in a closed locker or cabinet at your place and you don't have access to them, I would say that it's probably not a transfer.
They're still HER guns, and only her guns. Not yours.
Are you quoting law or passing out personal advice?
You first statement says you want to be a lawyer, but your second statement says you like to hand out your opinions? Are you an attorney or not?

Back
Top Bottom