• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Making sure I’m reading this right,18 U.S. Code § 922 - Unlawful acts

I’ll do you the favor and drive up and I’ll gladly store them for her. I might even go through the effort to clean them and check the for effectiveness and make sure they’re properly sighted in. I’m just that nice :boink:
Your selflessness is overwhelming, K..

Dont go into Illinois and get them . Have her meet you in kentucky.

You cant posses them in Illinois without a FOID card.
Get caught. Prisonbound !
That's not exactly true. As long as the guns are locked up in the trunk without ammunition readily available there are no laws broken.

You are doing your homework on it . Im very glad for the sake of all involved. Its a crazy world an Illnois is freakin nutz .
My brother lives down in the southern tip near Cape Girardeau ;)
I used to live there long before they 'allowed' any form of concealed carry. I think I still have a FOID cared floating around although you'd never recognize me from the picture. :)

We still travel up there occasionally. Their laws have changed somewhat. I'm legal on my Georgia CWP as long as I never leave the car, (say like at a gas station to even pump gas.) If I were to spend the night in a motel I'm required by law to exit, proceed immediately to the trunk, unholster, unload and secure the firearm and ammo separately, then carry both to my room. Those laws were specifically designed to make it difficult and unwieldily for folks from out of state to have a loaded firearm readily accessible.

Back
Top Bottom