• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

magnetospeed v3 hardware question

kadat

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I am currently torn between getting a magnetospeed or a lab radar. The lab radar interface seems significantly better than the magnetospeed, but the magnetospeed seems more convenient in every other regard.

So what o was thinking was that it might be easy enough to build a little mod chip that would stream the data from the magnetospeed to my phone over bluetooth.

I was wondering if anyone has looked inside the brain box and could provide some images of the circuitry so I could see if this would actually be feasible. I'm thinking the worst case you'd have to make a screen scraper. But in the extreme worst case, the screen would be connected with a zebra strip. In which case, all of my no.

Hell. Maybe this mod already exists and someone can point me to it.

Yeah. I'm not interested in keeping up with a proprietary cable though. I'm also not interested in using their app. I want to use my own app.
It does have me thinking though that maybe the bayonet transmits a digital signal to the display. That would be sick.

Yeah. I'm not interested in keeping up with a proprietary cable though. I'm also not interested in using their app. I want to use my own app.
It does have me thinking though that maybe the bayonet transmits a digital signal to the display. That would be sick.
Im sure you can plug a oscilloscope to it and get some readings and figure it out, but your gonna need a working crono measuring after it. imo, the adapter would be the cheaper faster route. How about developing one using 2 lasers for detection, that would be interesting

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Thats pretty much the idea now. Just buy one and have a probe around. I was on the fence about getting the magnetospeed when I started the thread and I was hoping some pictures of the PCB would make the decision easier. This morning though, I read about some more deal breakers, like the lab radar not working in the rain, so I will be ordering the magnetospeed in the next couple of days.

Thats pretty much the idea now. Just buy one and have a probe around. I was on the fence about getting the magnetospeed when I started the thread and I was hoping some pictures of the PCB would make the decision easier. This morning though, I read about some more deal breakers, like the lab radar not working in the rain, so I will be ordering the magnetospeed in the next couple of days.
Lcd is soldered to the pcb, thats about the best i can get
ee8ed34c81e8d2929bccf19d78ec3cc4.jpg
781a6c8a4846a010d6eab9b01b60696b.jpg
aa946bc519ec1684087a371636d7a679.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom