• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Made one of these

Quacker

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   0
Reaction score
Made a case annealer out of an old IBM PC tower. Just gutted it and used the power supply unit. Still need to add the torch but it’s 90% there.
A4B90EC7-E741-45CB-8BCE-958611F9720B.jpeg

I'm in process of making a powder measure and scale, automated. Set the target charge weight and it'll extrude the right amount of powder into the cup. Uses Arduino, a load cell, LED screen and a bunch of 3d printed parts. I'll post a make thread with video when it's running. Waiting for a couple more electronic parts to ship in.

I'm in process of making a powder measure and scale, automated. Set the target charge weight and it'll extrude the right amount of powder into the cup. Uses Arduino, a load cell, LED screen and a bunch of 3d printed parts. I'll post a make thread with video when it's running. Waiting for a couple more electronic parts to ship in.
That’s awesome! Definitely in for a build thread on that!

naw just sharing pics for the moment. There are plenty of diy case annealer tutorials out there plus I don’t have the time these days

So would this be used after the brass is resized? Nice work.
Before sizing. The point is to soften the brass equally then work harden it equally. Also, not sure how much warpage 700F would induce in a ready to load case mouth.

However, for the OP conversion process it's done for the additional reason of softening what is thicker and harder brass in the previous 223 case body.

A must have item for case conversions and optimal accuracy. I bought mine from annealeez. Added some upgrades and works great. Really want an AMP though.

I started building one after watching a bunch of these videos and decided to go with a different design, i should probably finish it one of these days.

Good job on yours, it looks good.

Back
Top Bottom