• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1a Precision rifle

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
I am interested in getting one, but is the "precision" version just an M1a standard rifle in an adjustable target style stock? There appears to be an M1a "loaded" precision rifle available.

Having a personal preference for standard stocks, is there any reason this should not drop right into any M1a conventional stock (except NM which is bedded)?

Thanks in advance, Moose

They should all swap stocks. If you have a bedded rifle loosen the trigger guard when storing the gun to remove tension off the stock.

I'd get a National Match or Super Match if budget allowed. I've owned (and still three) each type and the National Match comes in a slightly oversized walnut stock and is more accurate than 99% of shooters behind the trigger.

Thanks: I am working on picking up the rifle first. Maybe someone will trade a conventional, maybe even NM, for the bench rest stock. I shoot off hand and prefer iron sights as well. Anyone know of a source of supply for a stock? I will do some more homework as well.

Off hand with iron sights is an awesome shooting experience with a standard M1A in a Blackfeather RS with the Mossberg butt stock. It's light & accurate, and cheek risers are available from Magpul if you want to use an optic.

https://www.athenswater.com/just_9lbs.html

IMG_5120.JPG
IMG_7107.JPG

Back
Top Bottom