• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1A match on Oct 4 - River Bend Gun Club

I heard the match director talking about it last weekend when I was at a 100 yard shoot at RiverBend. I wasn't really that interested, so I didn't pay close attention or take notes. But I know that he said it was all shot from 200 yards using the same "course of fire" that they use for vintage iron-sighted military rifles and M1 carbine at the John C grand "Rifleman's Weekend" so I would think it's about 50 shots all done from 200 yards.

If it's like the vintage military rifle part of the rifleman's weekend,
it would be this course of fire:

Course of Fire: Course B, 50 shot

First Stage - Slow fire, 200 yards, prone. Maximum of 5 sighting shots and 20 record shots, time limit of 25 minutes.

Second Stage - Rapid fire, 200 yards, prone from standing, 10 record shots with mandatory reload, time limit of 80 seconds.

Third Stage - Rapid fire, 200 yards, sitting from standing, 10 record shots with mandatory reload, time limit of 70 seconds.

Fourth Stage - Slow fire, 200 yards, standing, 10 record shots, time limit of 10 minutes.

p.S. the two Rapid Fire stages are done with the clock starting while you are in the standing position (or really crouched and about to flop down momentarily), with your rifles, action open.
You have to get into the correct shooting position, then close your bolt,
and take aim, all while the clock is running for your time limit of a minute and some change.

yes, that's the course of fire with a few exceptions.
--Slow Prone: Unlimited sighters and 20 rounds for record in 25min
--Rapid fire stages start in position with magazines on the ground.
They are trying to make it fun for beginners, you can ask for help. It's a really good match to attend.
They usually have two M1A matches each year.

Back
Top Bottom