• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M1917 Front Sight Adjustment

Greg_D

Default rank <1500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
I have a M1917 with a front sight out-of-alignment. It is visually canted to the right which causes the rifle to shoot left (2 inches at 25yds).
I'm not familiar with how this sight is mounted or how to adjust.
Any recommendations on someone that could fix this in the Marietta/Hiram/Douglasville area?

If its just a tight dovetail it can just be pressed side to side unless it was set and staked by whatever armorer sighted it in. If it doesnt have a pin or a dimple where it would have been staked then you could achieve moving them with a brass punch and a small hammer on the range.

If its just a tight dovetail it can just be pressed side to side unless it was set and staked by whatever armorer sighted it in. If it doesnt have a pin or a dimple where it would have been staked then you could achieve moving them with a brass punch and a small hammer on the range.

Ditto, I had a similar issue, there are adjustment tools on Ebay for about $25 but I didn't want to buy it to use once, so I asked the gunsmith at my local range if he could adjust it and he did at no cost.

Back
Top Bottom