• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lsx - t-56 Swap

Sleepy Joe

Default rank <1250 posts
I'm so sleepy
85   0
Reaction score
Does anyone here have experience with a LSX/T-56 swap into a 240sx S13/14 or a Datsun 270/280z? If so, did you come across any problems while doing the swap? Any advice that would make things go easier? I will be going to go look at a Datsun 280z today and a rolling S14 this weekend. All of the parts will be pulled out of a 04 GTO if everything go smoothly.

Thanks in advance,
Edd P.

Not me I have done a ton of swaps but not this one..

there are numerous forums dedicated to these cars and swaps.. Good luck

please do not mess up a Z car they are getting herd to find and worth far more then a 240sx

Those are amazing swaps and there is how to articles all over the web. I haven't looked into the s14 specific parts, but the market is FULL of lsx swap parts; pans, headers, motor mounts, everything! I don't think ull have a hard time at all

They make an entire kit for the 240. Comes with headers, k member, radiator, motor mounts, etc... Like all "kits" though, they are expensive.

Never did an LS swap, but it seems harness and fuel delivery are the hardest part. The other is mechanical and measurements.

I know for the 240 swap I need to hammer in the firewall to fit the tranny. The oil pan on my Goat is shallower than most LSX series pans. I just need the Engine/Transmission mounts, as well as a new cooling system.

The 280z I saw today was in bad shape so I'm hoping the S14 roller I go look at this weekend will be in better shape.

Back
Top Bottom