31   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Low Country Broil

Zip Code: 30135

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Caliber: 5 gallons?

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I am wanting some low country broil. Bad thing is I've never cooked up a mess of it. Anyone have a really good recipe for about 5 gallons or so worth? What kind of pot do you cook it in and what do you put the pot on for heat?

Long ago when we had family reunions in Social Circle there was an old couple that would set up a metal tripod with a huge cauldron over a wood fire in the side yard and they would cook up a big pot of Brunswick Stew. Every kind of meat from beef, pork, squirrel, venison, possum or what ever road kill they found, would cook for about 3 days being stirred with a wooden boat paddle. That was some great stew.

I kind of envision the low country stuff being cooked basically the same way but probably not for 3 days.

Now I'm hungry just talking about it so I think I'll get get a beef and bean burrito out of the freezer and cook it in the microwave.

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Found a shortcut and can be done in the oven in about 45 min.

boil corn and taters first.

get big aluminum pan, and a turkey bag. Once that stuff is done, put in the bag, add your old bay, and seasonings, sausage, shrimp, crab, season some more, add half a lemon or two. tie it up and thrown in the oven....same flavor, fast result, not as watery.

Found a shortcut and can be done in the oven in about 45 min.

boil corn and taters first.

get big aluminum pan, and a turkey bag. Once that stuff is done, put in the bag, add your old bay, and seasonings, sausage, shrimp, crab, season some more, add half a lemon or two. tie it up and thrown in the oven....same flavor, fast result, not as watery.
Heresy...
Not the same as a bunch of folk outdoors drinking beer, gathered around a pot simmering on an open fire.

True, but I didnt know the details, he didnt specify he wanted to do it the old fashioned classic way.

That was my "wife had a last minute idea for dinner, and i didnt feel like making it a big production" recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom