• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Low Ball offers

brownbmo

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
199   0
Reaction score
As this site seems to be discovered by the masses, I just wanted to warn/educate ODT buyers of how to avoid loosing really good deals that are listed here every day. After many years of selling and watching posts listed on this great site, I have seen frustration and anger over lost deals.

Often this is caused by newer buyers posting less than listed prices hours after an item is posted. Not only do you break etiquette by making an offer on the post itself instead of a Private Message (PM), you Low Ball the fair price. You have to understand that as an independent owner seller, we are not going to take a lowball offer after the ad has not been viewed by a majority of members.
I try not to be insulted by the ignorance of others, but I am still amazed by the nerve of some thinking we're so desperate to sell a quality item. I for one price items fairly and don't "need" to sell; who has time to relist for months to get an extra $100?

My advise is to research the item you want and when you see a fair deal, don't loose it because your being cheap. Also realize that as a seller we take into account your history on the site and also your location. If I have an item prices fairly and I get a firm offer from someone with good history 20 miles away and not a newer member 80 miles away; I'm going to deal with the first even if they contacted me slightly later.

This is a bit of a rant, but I love this site and possibly this will help quality new members. We're lucky to have this forum to trade, be respectful of others, consider the extras included and leave feedback if you want to have a history returned to you.

As this site seems to be discovered by the masses, I just wanted to warn/educate ODT buyers of how to avoid loosing really good deals that are listed here every day. After many years of selling and watching posts listed on this great site, I have seen frustration and anger over lost deals.

Often this is caused by newer buyers posting less than listed prices hours after an item is posted. Not only do you break etiquette by making an offer on the post itself instead of a Private Message (PM), you Low Ball the fair price. You have to understand that as an independent owner seller, we are not going to take a lowball offer after the ad has not been viewed by a majority of members.
I try not to be insulted by the ignorance of others, but I am still amazed by the nerve of some thinking we're so desperate to sell a quality item. I for one price items fairly and don't "need" to sell; who has time to relist for months to get an extra $100?

My advise is to research the item you want and when you see a fair deal, don't loose it because your being cheap. Also realize that as a seller we take into account your history on the site and also your location. If I have an item prices fairly and I get a firm offer from someone with good history 20 miles away and not a newer member 80 miles away; I'm going to deal with the first even if they contacted me slightly later.

This is a bit of a rant, but I love this site and possibly this will help quality new members. We're lucky to have this forum to trade, be respectful of others, consider the extras included and leave feedback if you want to have a history returned to you.
Good post. And absolutely new members, learn how to do a personal message and make your offers in that manner.

I don't know, I don't think trying to get a guy off his used $600 Glock 19 gen4 or the guy with his $850 Anderson lower/Chinese everything else Ar15 low balling.

Back
Top Bottom