• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost your corkscrew wine opener? No problem...

Couldn't find my wine bottle opener...I'm a few beers deep so I can't drive anywhere to get one, plus I'm short for time. This actually works better than any bottle opener I've had. Couple of screws, my Dewalt and a pair of pliers...twist while lifting up, done!

Working on a pork rib roast. Cup of beef broth, half a bottle of red wine. Small potatoes and onions at the bottom. The rub is 2 tablespoons paprika, half a head of chopped garlic, some garlic powder also, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a good dash of allspice, some crushed red pepper and a tablespoon of kosher salt. Was gonna throw in some mustard powder but I'm out. Just winging the recipe. It may suck. It may be great. I'll post back either way. 325° @ 30 minutes a pound should do the trick.

View attachment 3162690 View attachment 3162691 View attachment 3162693 View attachment 3162695
That is sooo funny.. because I’ve done very similar

I think I'll leave the lifter rack out of the roaster next time. Everything that was submerged tastes awesome...the rest is good too but the veggies that were submerged...man...

4E2DE764-850D-4E67-AEFE-FF4DF99DDE4F.jpeg

Alternate method:
Get out a sword, bayonet, or machete and "saber" that wine bottle open.

019FC6F8-7BDA-4F15-8E31-573FD7C882C3.jpeg

First time using this monstrosity, was hoping it doesn't heat up the kitchen as much as the oven. But it seems like it's going to heat up the kitchen worse than the oven. However, the warm up time is extremely minimal. It's supposed to hold a 24# turkey if that gives you any idea for size. I just wish it had a longer cord. Why do they give you such a short cord???

View attachment 3162700
Was told longer cords drag and cause accidents with appliances sliding off tables, etc. so a liability issue, could be true or be to save them money

Couldn't find my wine bottle opener...I'm a few beers deep so I can't drive anywhere to get one, plus I'm short for time. This actually works better than any bottle opener I've had. Couple of screws, my Dewalt and a pair of pliers...twist while lifting up, done!

Working on a pork rib roast. Cup of beef broth, half a bottle of red wine. Small potatoes and onions at the bottom. The rub is 2 tablespoons paprika, half a head of chopped garlic, some garlic powder also, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a good dash of allspice, some crushed red pepper and a tablespoon of kosher salt. Was gonna throw in some mustard powder but I'm out. Just winging the recipe. It may suck. It may be great. I'll post back either way. 325° @ 30 minutes a pound should do the trick.

View attachment 3162690 View attachment 3162691 View attachment 3162693 View attachment 3162695
Been there...done that...keep mama happy

I'm so glad you posted this, I never would have thought to use it as a smoker. I've actually been looking at smokers bc the wood smoker I have is so inconvenient. I LOVE Cornish hens and I bet some smoked ones in this thing would be AMAZING! I'm not even excited about my pork roast anymore lol!
I still do my best smoking with charcoal and the old dome smoker, pan of water, charcoal....toss a generous portion of water soaked wood on the fire before you put on meat :hungry:

Burned the crap outta my arm from the steam when I opened the lid, d'oh!

I checked the temp about 15 minutes early, still hit 157° dangit! Wasn't expecting that. I added the carrots too late, but they taste amazing!

But the pork is good, tender...taste is good. Might shoot for more of a bark next time but this ain't bad!

View attachment 3162901 View attachment 3162902 View attachment 3162903 View attachment 3162904
That looks great !
When you use a small cut of meat ....10# or less . OR if you have bone in your meat you can seer it in a pan with wine (dark) , butter , herbs, spice to taste....get pan hot and seer all four sides for 1-3 mins. Just make a crust.
Put right into prepared roaster - low n slow. Keep it wet.

Back
Top Bottom