• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lost your corkscrew wine opener? No problem...

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Couldn't find my wine bottle opener...I'm a few beers deep so I can't drive anywhere to get one, plus I'm short for time. This actually works better than any bottle opener I've had. Couple of screws, my Dewalt and a pair of pliers...twist while lifting up, done!

Working on a pork rib roast. Cup of beef broth, half a bottle of red wine. Small potatoes and onions at the bottom. The rub is 2 tablespoons paprika, half a head of chopped garlic, some garlic powder also, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a good dash of allspice, some crushed red pepper and a tablespoon of kosher salt. Was gonna throw in some mustard powder but I'm out. Just winging the recipe. It may suck. It may be great. I'll post back either way. 325° @ 30 minutes a pound should do the trick.

20210312_162152.jpg
20210312_162226.jpg
20210312_162321.jpg
20210312_162936.jpg

First time using this monstrosity, was hoping it doesn't heat up the kitchen as much as the oven. But it seems like it's going to heat up the kitchen worse than the oven. However, the warm up time is extremely minimal. It's supposed to hold a 24# turkey if that gives you any idea for size. I just wish it had a longer cord. Why do they give you such a short cord???

20210312_163647.jpg

I got one my brother gave me, you put water in the tray and use some hickory or apple wood in a little trough on the bottom and it will smoke .

Oh man...that's something good to know right there! I'll plug it in outside on the back porch when I try that. A couple of smoked chickens or a smoked turkey like that sounds awesome!

Couldn't find my wine bottle opener...I'm a few beers deep so I can't drive anywhere to get one, plus I'm short for time. This actually works better than any bottle opener I've had. Couple of screws, my Dewalt and a pair of pliers...twist while lifting up, done!

Working on a pork rib roast. Cup of beef broth, half a bottle of red wine. Small potatoes and onions at the bottom. The rub is 2 tablespoons paprika, half a head of chopped garlic, a tablespoon of brown sugar, a good dash of allspice and a tablespoon of kosher salt. Was gonna throw in some mustard powder but I'm out. Just winging the recipe. It may suck. It may be great. I'll post back either way. 325° @ 30 minutes a pound should do the trick.

View attachment 3162690 View attachment 3162691 View attachment 3162693 View attachment 3162695
That’s ****ing genius!

Back
Top Bottom