• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to remove Glock gen 4 finger groves

Are you in love with the particular pistol? If not seems easier and probably cheaper to sell/trade into a gen 2/5.....I also am not a fan of finger grooves....

For some reason, I'm not digging on the Gen 5. I don't really see many Gen 2's pop up. Gotta admit though, I really do like my OD frame on this Gen 4. But "love"? Nah. All my love is for you baby.

Lol

just curious, what you hate about the 5?

Love, hate, you and your words!! Lol.

I don't "hate" the Gen 5, just dig the Gen 4 better. One thing that really gets me is the barrel wear on a 5. I had a 19 Gen 5 and ran 300 rounds through it, and the barrel already had a lot of the coating worn off. My Gen 4 I've put thousands of rounds through and no barrel wear at all, in comparison. I've been told it's because they tightened up the tolerances in the 5's.

But I do like the orange followers they put in the 5's. I guess if I got my hands on a gen 5 17 with a black slide and OD frame, I might like it well enough to let my Gen 4 go.

Love, hate, you and your words!! Lol.

I don't "hate" the Gen 5, just dig the Gen 4 better. One thing that really gets me is the barrel wear on a 5. I had a 19 Gen 5 and ran 300 rounds through it, and the barrel already had a lot of the coating worn off. My Gen 4 I've put thousands of rounds through and no barrel wear at all, in comparison. I've been told it's because they tightened up the tolerances in the 5's.

But I do like the orange followers they put in the 5's. I guess if I got my hands on a gen 5 17 with a black slide and OD frame, I might like it well enough to let my Gen 4 go.
I hear ya. Those od frames do look sharp. I’m a Glock fan boy so I’ve had all the colors at one time or another. Fde and od are my favs.

Back
Top Bottom