• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking to do my first face to face firearms transfer

It took me a while to figure out that the ODT private message system for transfers provides a transaction paper trail at least as good, if not better than, a bill of sale. A bill of sale is more convenient, though, because it's one piece of paper you can tuck into a file. Some gun purchases can be tax-deductible. That's when a bill of sale or other written evidence to support the transaction can be helpful.

RE: ODT private message history as a permanent record of what guns you've bought or sold and who you dealt with on them:

I think that's why ODT has experienced a slew of "brand new users" with no transactions and no feedback buying guns lately.
I suspect that a good percentage of these are longtime experienced members with huge gun collections who are trying to buy the guns anonymously by using a disposable alternative account.

They don't want ATF or anybody else seeing that they've done 200 gun related trades in the last several years.

Only truly way to stay anonymous is to have a burner email and burner cell phone for each firearm transaction.
Vpn router, tails os, no hard drive. Thats just virtually, youd have to be doing some shady **** to stay anonymous IRL too. That being said I dont think the ATF is gonna kick in any ODT'rs door for being a "unlicense firearm dealer" *probably* ive seen some traders here with some large feedback scores so I think we good atleast for now

Vpn router, tails os, no hard drive. Thats just virtually, youd have to be doing some shady **** to stay anonymous IRL too. That being said I dont think the ATF is gonna kick in any ODT'rs door for being a "unlicense firearm dealer" *probably* ive seen some traders here with some large feedback scores so I think we good atleast for now
2 members got visited by the black suburban's

PS to... my last rant. If you're trading ammo, make sure you check your boxes to make sure that they're full. I've done trades and end up finding a the clip load is missing. It it was an honest mistake, it's hard to tell in a 50-round box if 7 are missing. So just to let you know make sure your boxes are full.

Bingo I bought boxes of 45 ACP and recently went to shoot a box opened the box up and had (10) 40 cal. in it.

Back
Top Bottom