• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for security camera reviews.

I've been using the Ring doorbell camera for my front door, but looking to add more perimeter cameras. They make other cameras too I just haven't done any yet. I like the Ring. It's got a pretty wide field of view when mounted at my door and can see my driveway and good chunk of the front yard.

It sends alerts of movement to my phone which I can immediately pull up and not only view but speak to them if it's a person walking up the driveway. It's slightly sensitive, for instance it "detects movement" when we get a nice downpour and water is running down the lens, or a wasp decides to check it out. Plus it stores video history online so I can pull it up anytime from past events.

Get the most expensive that You Can Afford! Don't look for package deals cause they're all junk. Find a 16 channel dvr with a 8T or bigger Solid State hard drive that can be upgraded.
Find high quality day/night cameras and get what you can afford.
If your life could depend on it, spend more money on it.

FWIW I started out wireless and used the Arlo series. Decent cameras but the problem is it uses the CR123 type batteries and I found myself having to swap these out regularly. If I was getting a month worth of power that was good, and I eventually just bought spares and rechargeables for all of them, which helped some. Recently made the switch to the Ring series and haven't looked back. We love them and the flexibility they offer is really nice. Hope this helps a little. God bless and be safe! Legal Eagle.

There is plenty of signal cable suited for outside burial use with no conduit. All a buried conduit does is offer the cable some mechanical protection. Get a cable RATED for outside use and Rated for direct burial. Other electrical characteristics need to be matched to the device/system you are installing.

Below is an example at amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Outdoor-Wate...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

^^^^This^^^^ I use ARLO and I am very disappointed. Delays in motion detection recording with 10 seconds max recording time. Slow to connect when you want to check in. Storage, longer recording times, and several other necessities are options that you need to pay for.
This. I also did Arlo. Has some advantages but only records for a short amount of time. Recording is not continuous and the lag sucks. I will pOE at My next place. Rum your Ethernet wire in conduit if you can. Keeps the critters from snacking on it.

Back
Top Bottom