• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Outdoor Range Rental

C’mon man, you don’t want the Range Officers to hassle you at the West Point outdoor shooting range? LOL, they can be a bit extra but they have rules to enforce...

I remember before that place had RO and it was WILD WILD! Cold range going hot with people out on the field checking targets and trashed field with construction debris used for target stands...
Sumac last week looked like a firing squad when I pulled up. 2 dudes down range, 4 people on the line just itching to start firing away. I'm done with the self serve muliti-public spots.

I appreciate everyone's input. I have looked into all of them and will follow up tomorrow and continue to find the right place for me.

Even if someone has their own private 50-200 yard range off in the woods or something and wouldn't mind $50/hr, I'd take a look :)

I usually shoot at state park outdoor ranges, occasionally at indoor ranges near me. The past few times I've gone to outdoor state park ranges, it's been packed. I want, and mean, to go on "off times" but I can only go when I can go if you know what I mean.

The last few times I've been to indoor ranges, I just haven't enjoyed it. It's alright and I accomplish what I want to usually but it's not the environment I'm looking for.

Do you guys have recommendations for where I can just be by myself and spend 2 hours shooting whatever style I see fit? I'm not concerned with price, I'll pay whatever that price is. I just want a solo spot where I won't offend anybody by trying out a new dumb binary trigger or shooting an AR10 with an aggressive muzzle brake. Somewhere that I can transition between rifle -> sidearm. I'm not looking to run-n-gun, race, or do anything out of the ordinary. I just want to be able to site in a couple new rifles, test a couple new pistols, shoot prone, try a few new optics etc. Even a 50 yard plot would work... I wouldn't mind trying 1,000 yard proficiencies but sighting in and short range practicing is all I need for now.

I know there are a couple private clubs up here that require a fist full of cash, 2 current member recommendations etc which I'll go through if I have to but I was just wondering if there's an alternative to that, at least in the immediate future.

I'm in Paulding County but I sincerely don't mind driving a 2-3 hours each way... I'm that into finding a solo outdoor lane to reserve.
I live in Lithia Springs so Douglas County and they shoot every day any day all times of the day so come on by !

If you have 4wd with a little clearance, there is an old DNR range in the forest in Dillard area. 100 yds max. Only seen 1 other group there when I've been up there. Nice drive as well. You follow a small river through the mountains for about 3 miles once you hit dirt.

Bring your own targets. Don't be a neckbeard douchebag. Clean up after yourself.

Back
Top Bottom