• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for career! Decided I want construction or tree climbing!

Zen_Life

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Your mom went to college.
144   1
Reaction score
It’s been hard to find a company that is hiring!! If anyone knows of a construction company or tree climbing company that pays good let me know! Or a driving job I’ve done a few interviews and applied to so many but nothing is assured yet still got about 1 more week to see if any of the jobs will hire me but looks like I just need to get on with a construction or tree cutting job from what I understand those type of careers pay so much!

Nice to be young and living dangerously up on ladders and in trees :cheer2:

Since being retired by boss in March, darn Kung flu, I’m still considering some form of lawn care after unemployment runs out. I already have pickup and a mower, want to keep my feet on the ground :cool2:

Do you have climbing experience? Meaning with a saw and rigging? SRT and DRT? Have your own equipment?

I’m actually very new to those type of careers but it’s something I’ll be willing to try out. I’m 24 and currently unemployed so I’m looking for a new career also still considering some type of driving job ( have no CDL sadly) or office job as well.

I’m actually very new to those type of careers but it’s something I’ll be willing to try out. I’m 24 and currently unemployed so I’m looking for a new career also still considering some type of driving job ( have no CDL sadly) or office job as well.
Ive seen some of your posts. Looks like your just reaching for anything. Climbing trees aint for everyone. An apprenticeship of some sort would do you well. In 4 to 5 years u can be making over $30 hr. Most are hiring right now. You can go to work tomorrow

climbing trees YIKES.
Hope you're 5'5" or smaller and under 140 lbs.
You don't typically see average or above average size folks climbing.
and that is one hell of a dangerous job. No thanks. Life is TOO short for that kinda stuff. When you get older, you'll understand. I won't even get on a ladder over 6' now. Too many risks. I'll pay a 24 year old to do it. LOL

I still think HVAC or a plumber is the way to go. Start off with a lower hourly, yeah, you're young so you have to start somewhere ---- but in 4 years, you can get your own license and run the show.

Believe me, 4 years is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if you're 24 now, you'll be 28 then. And likely another 40 years of working. I don't see many guys over 40 in the trees. I don't see many 40 year old dudes doing hard labor w/construction either. (exceptions to the rule of course).

But what the (blank) do I know. I'm 45 and doing well. But could have been doing SOOOO much better had I known a few more things.

It’s been hard to find a company that is hiring!! If anyone knows of a construction company or tree climbing company that pays good let me know! Or a driving job I’ve done a few interviews and applied to so many but nothing is assured yet still got about 1 more week to see if any of the jobs will hire me but looks like I just need to get on with a construction or tree cutting job from what I understand those type of careers pay so much!
Don't get a job driving. You'll turn into a fat lazy f*k.

Back
Top Bottom