• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For A Rifle Range

Appreciate the input on this all. I’ll have to check out RiverBend here when they have an open day.

I’ve been shooting for a while but my wife and I will not be in Georgia forever with my work. That’s my only hesitation. 900$ for a lifetime initiation isn’t bad, but if we move in 2 years it’s foolish.

Elbert Gc is $120/ year. No initiation fee. Trap/ Skeet/ 5 Stand/ IDPA pistol bays/ 2 clays courses/ pistol range/ 400 yard rifle range and dedicated rimfire range to 100 yards. Again there is a wait list.

Go to CMP. Seriously, just go. It's the nicest rifle range you'll find in the SE with their facilities and digital target system.
CMP is $30 for a full day of rifle and pistol range. I think it's $5 off for first timers and military/LE, but not 100% positive. Go on the weekend - you can leave your house at 8 and get there when they open at 9 thanks to the time zone change. I've made the trip from Cartersville a dozen times now. It's the kind of place you can spend all day at - just pack a cooler with drinks and food. They've got golf carts for the main range, so you can pack heavy and bring all the toys you want to.
It is a nice place. As far as the pistol goes...don’t you need an NRA classification? That was a rule when I visited a couple years ago. I don’t know if things have changed.

RBGC.org

River Bend Gun Club
nice Club and it does take money, Look at the weekend matches for the fee you can shoot all day.

RBGC Member
Greg

I found their monthly HP / silhouette to be really helpful for anyone new to midrange shooting. HP is paper targets and you have to work pit duty. I still look forward to third Saturday of the month. Bring $15, 50 rounds, your favorite rifle, pack some patience and common sense. Be on time.
Check their calendar online for next event. March?

There is a nice State Park with both pistol and 100 yard range. Charles Elliott St. Park
out I -20 east. Check out web sight for details... Go spend the day... Rebel Rifleman

Elbert Gc is $120/ year. No initiation fee. Trap/ Skeet/ 5 Stand/ IDPA pistol bays/ 2 clays courses/ pistol range/ 400 yard rifle range and dedicated rimfire range to 100 yards. Again there is a wait list.

i have heard about them, but Is about 2-2.5hrs from me one way. Little bit of a haul being on the NW side of ATL.

If riverbend has a shoot every 3rd weekend of the month for 15 bucks I might be inclined to just do that. I only shoot once or twice a month on weekends due to work. Throughout the week I’m working on loads to test at the range.

Do they allow chronographs and such at those open events?

i have heard about them, but Is about 2-2.5hrs from me one way. Little bit of a haul being on the NW side of ATL.

If riverbend has a shoot every 3rd weekend of the month for 15 bucks I might be inclined to just do that. I only shoot once or twice a month on weekends due to work. Throughout the week I’m working on loads to test at the range.

Do they allow chronographs and such at those open events?
I doubt they would allow chrono setup. Barrel mount maybe.
They host a mix of strangers. No way to know their level of competence - who’s gonna shoot their chrono or go over the berm.

Back
Top Bottom