• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a Job ASAP, I want to work!

****, I done dialed it back to a one man show. Built my shop on my property and try to do work for other folks mostly these days.
I went from a 6,000sf building with 15 employees to a 1400sf building with just me and somehow I make about the same money. It could be the the 30-40k a month that I don't have to come up with just to stay open.
The old and wise @Appalachian American told me one time (probably many times) "I can be broke without a sore back". He was right, I'm still broke, but I don't have near the headaches.

Best of luck on your search for work Marine. These days the willingness to show up makes you an A+ employee
Thanks sir. Wish you all the best in your business.

You asked your local chamber of commerce down there? That resume would show up on some desks. It's one of the jobs of the chamber to help it's members find good candidates.
I was on the board of the Paulding Chamber and they did a lot for me. Brought me Racheal, my "Right hand man" for a couple years. She had just went reserves from the AirForce and was the AF newspaper editor and some General's assistant. I would have let her run my company.
Anyway, the CEO of the chamber brought her to my office and said "Hire her", I did.

You asked your local chamber of commerce down there? That resume would show up on some desks. It's one of the jobs of the chamber to help it's members find good candidates.
I was on the board of the Paulding Chamber and they did a lot for me. Brought me Racheal, my "Right hand man" for a couple years. She had just went reserves from the AirForce and was the AF newspaper editor and some General's assistant. I would have let her run my company.
Anyway, the CEO of the chamber brought her to my office and said "Hire her", I did.
I called yesterday. Will try and visit them Monday.

My wife just reminded me that Cobb county just bumped substitute teacher pay to nearly $200 a day. She subs when she gets bored at home but up here it only pays like $75 a day. Days aren't long and the kids up here are respectful though. I doubt it so much down South of Cobb but, hey $25 an hour ain't bad. It's probably more than that because the days ain't 8 hours.
I know a couple cops that sub on their days off.

Back
Top Bottom