• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a few specs

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
Looking for serious opportunities. What companies are you guys investing in now that will grow rapidly over the next 5-15 plus years. Yes, I am looking for the next Tesla, and there may never be another wealth creating investment like Tesla, but I am hopeful.

What specs do you guys recommend?

I like to have 3-6 positions that are high growth. I cost average into them and try to cap them each at 1% of my total net value.
My current HG positions are TTD, PYPL, SQ, TSLA, LMND, WISH
in the last couple of weeks TSLA is down 10-12% and WISH is down 30%, perfect time step in. Cost avg. is your friend.

Anybody else? Started fooling around a couple of weeks ago. Under 25k so limited there. Have made money on TMST recently and currently holding WEN as of Wed of last week. Wil probably sell sometime after the expected positive shareholders call tomorrow. Small ball trying to take that 5-10 percent a week. <1 week holds is what I am looking for. Trying to recognize undervalued companies and take my small growth then GTFO. Still pending options approval from Fidelity atm but will probably start the Theta wheel and sell CSP on companies I like once that goes through.

I also hold LMND, lately (especially today) it's giving me grey hairs because it's dropping like a rock. But, my friend, that's a really good time to pick up more shares in a company that has a unique approach to an age-old and archaic industry. I do believe that it will be a great stock for the long run.
Another is NKLA, the electric vehicle company. I picked up NVDA when it was around $200, even though it's lagging lately ($538 today) I believe this will see $1,000 in the next few years. Electric vehicle stocks - again the better buy are the stocks of the the companies who provide the technology and hardware, not the vehicle itself - this is an industry that WILL replace the gas burning vehicles we all own now. And it will happen sooner than you think. Grab a piece of that pie now while it's baking.
Some marijuana stocks are good ones to own, but not the ones that actually retail the weed. Choose the supply line stocks, or ETFs. MSOS has performed well lately, and I own and intend to hold JUSHF too.

For diversity's sake, Bitcoin. Right now it is struggling to regain $50k but most see it going into the 6-digits. This is not for the faint of heart, as one ill-informed comment from that "activist" Secretary of Treasury Janet Yellen, and it falls $8k. I'm holding onto my BTC for the long game.

Consider opening an IRA, if you don't already have one. If you do, max out the contributions. A SEP IRA, for self-employed, will allow you to contribute up to (I believe) $54k/year for married couple.

My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom