• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for 22 LR ammo for boy scout rifle shooting merit badge

ditchdigger1

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Reaction score
I have a group of Boy Scouts working on Rifle Shooting merit badge. As such I will need a fair amount of 22 LR ammo to complete the shooting requirement. I anticipate 4 bricks or so. The shooting requirement is: "Using a .22 caliber rimfire rifle and shooting from a bench rest or supported prone position at 50 feet, fire five groups (three shots per group) that can be covered by a quarter. Using these targets, explain how to adjust sights to zero." This is a popular activity for the boys and a challenging requirement.

If anyone can help with reasonably priced ammo, please let me know.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Im a NRA instructor also, for the Boy Scouts rifle and shotgun merit badges. I ran into the same problem. I have some 22 ammo I will sale you, but it is not the good accurate stuff. I picked up a few bricks at Bass Pro before I took my troop out a few months ago, and ran into the same problem finding ammo. You will be best off ordering it on line. But If you are still short, PM me and I will let you have a brick for what I have in them.

Good luck!
Yours in Scouting,
Douglas

I could only hope one of the regular .22LR "salesmen" on here would step up for this pretty darn good cause. Wish I had some I would just give it to you. I remember my step-son earning his badge just after I bought him is first rifle for Christmas a few years back and how proud he was.

Good luck !

Last edited:
PM me your address. If you're in no hurry (just moved to PA) I can mail you a couple bricks.

I don't have an entire brick left after shooting this squirrel season, but shoot me a pm and I can meet with you to give what I have.

Back
Top Bottom