• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking at getting a slant 6 rebuilt.

Reloadhby

Default rank <3500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
231   0
Reaction score
My number 4 cylinder on my slant six rings are bad, inquiring here before I go else where on rebuilding the motor. It has mechanical lifters. My number four cylinder pushes gunk up in the spark plug and fouls it out but its still drivable. The motor is a 71 truck motor.

My number 4 cylinder on my slant six rings are bad, inquiring here before I go else where on rebuilding the motor. It has mechanical lifters. My number four cylinder pushes gunk up in the spark plug and fouls it out but its still drivable. The motor is a 71 truck motor.
Got to put a none fowler on your spark plug most younger guys won't know what that is

I put a Non-Fouler on my number four cylinder. It does run a little better, along with I made a 120 round trip drive today and it seems to be getting better gas mpg now. Not quite 20mpg like I was but about 17 or 18.

I did have to change the spark plug on that cylinder though. It was bottoming out on the Non-fouler, it went from a 36 gap to like 10 when I first pulled it out after putting it in. I run a NKG with a longer electrode but had to go back to the regular auto light.

Back
Top Bottom