• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Look what followed me home from work today

bilgerat bilgerat couple questions since you can drive these things. Hit mid sixties today. Still can’t consistently get it to stop chine walking at high 50s. What are your thoughts? To much trim maybe?

Another strange occurrence. Feels like I got her on pad, moving along, feeling good and then she just sorta bogs down. Feels like I let up on the gas but I didn’t. Is that blow out maybe?

bilgerat bilgerat couple questions since you can drive these things. Hit mid sixties today. Still can’t consistently get it to stop chine walking at high 50s. What are your thoughts? To much trim maybe?

Another strange occurrence. Feels like I got her on pad, moving along, feeling good and then she just sorta bogs down. Feels like I let up on the gas but I didn’t. Is that blow out maybe?
you need pics up on plane. Watch the tach and have someone listen for cavitation of the prop. trim and tilt are picky.I never got The Ranger over 66 but I think thats what it was gonna be after I talked to Forrest Wood one time.

This is the thread…
Wet sand love today
A2405002-929F-4AB7-B31C-BC14EBEFE9E2.jpeg

The boat I drove was custom built By Mr Allison, the hull was designed to do high speed , the Pad was not your typical bass boat pad and the hull was "blueprinted " , Also the hull had custom thickness of glass to be weighted properly. Mr Allison built and experimented with hull designs for years and Mercury and Johnson developed lower units and props specifically for his boats in the world record speed attempts. I was young and stupid back in those day and aint no way I even think of going that fast in a boat now days,

Back
Top Bottom