• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long term food sources

Nope, you will just die from a heart attack, leaving your family defenseless.
Why stock up on antibiotics, if you just poison yourself?

How many of preppers actually know how to farm, can, and store food long term? Or just stock up on freze dried food? Kniw difference between hot water bath canning and pressure canning?
not me, my cholesterol is perfect (all three) and i use and have used coconut oil for years. i have had scans and stress test as well and my heart and veins are healthy. but you make good points, one should get checked out and deal with such problems now. as for canning, it is super easy...where you run into issues would be not having jars and extra lids on hand. there are reusable lids but they are fairly expensive and they are not going to last for but so many reuses.

Antibiotics go bad and become poisonous over a short period of time. I am not sure how long they will store in a refrigerated environment without looking it up. You can bet they will go bad and if you take them then you are screwed.
that is true of tetracycline, but not others. also, you can only use tetracycline once in a lifetime. the military did testing on "old" anti-biotics about 10 years after the gulf war trying to make a decision on dumping the stockpile. the found that after 10 years, most of the antibiotics were still at least 90% effective with no additional Side affects.

not me, my cholesterol is perfect (all three) and i use and have used coconut oil for years. i have had scans and stress test as well and my heart and veins are healthy. but you make good points, one should get checked out and deal with such problems now. as for canning, it is super easy...where you run into issues would be not having jars and extra lids on hand. there are reusable lids but they are fairly expensive and they are not going to last for but so many reuses.
I have canning and pressure cookers (that I have tested every few years ) and dehydrators. I would like to have my own freeze drier but can’t justify the price.

if people really want to learn, they can go see the Mormons up in Tucker at the LDS. They will teach you how to do all other the processes and purchase what you buy

I have canning and pressure cookers (that I have tested every few years ) and dehydrators. I would like to have my own freeze drier but can’t justify the price.

if people really want to learn, they can go see the Mormons up in Tucker at the LDS. They will teach you how to do all other the processes and purchase what you buy
call the lds cannery before you make the trip, sometimes they are closed to non-mormons.
I believe Bread Beckers also conducts canning classes, plus they will teach you how to make bread from scratch.

is "room temperature" 75 or 95? huge difference...and I have oil and a way to keep it cool in the summertime in ga...it still isn't a long-term solution for nutrition...
This is why people used to all have root cellars. Dug into the north side of a hill the temperature will be considerably less. Certainly not refrigerator cold but less.

Plus think of fat. You will need plenty of fat to go with low fat foods. Alaskan residents call it something rabbit fever or some **** like that. It's from eating squirrel and rabbit with low fat content. Read up on that and come up with a source that will keep a long time.
There are stories of long hunters and settlers who drenched their corn pone in bear fat. Fat is a healthy source of calories, far more so than carbs and definitely more so than sugar. Rendered bear fat will not go rancid.

Nope, you will just die from a heart attack, leaving your family defenseless.
Why stock up on antibiotics, if you just poison yourself?

No, a HEALTHY diet that INCLUDES coconut oil it isn't going to kill the person eating it.

The majority of people dying from heart related issues are either those who have a family history of heart disease or people who live on processed & fried foods along with sugary drinks like soda & supermarket juice.

Every now and then I'll look into other peoples carts at the grocery store and see their baskets loaded with soda, processed snacks, and boxed frozen family meals. It's these people that won't last long in any kind of survival situation or normal situations either for that matter. Eating a little coconut oil isn't going to put us in the grave & I doubt that'd be the last thing I'd worry about if adding a spoonful to rice to get some extra calories or fat in my diet. If a person includes small amounts into their diet to add a small amount of fat to the other fats they are eating it'll be just fine. But IF someone has 12 jars of it and only plans to eat that and rice, then I'd agree they won't be around for long. It's not a do all survival food, but it's not poison either.

Same here.

Eating a healthy diet is what will keep from having any heart related issues, not coconut oil from time to time. My family has eaten it for years and we always get an excellent bill of health each year when we get our blood work tested.

Back
Top Bottom