Item Gone: Bergara B14mHMR 24" 6.5 CM Wilderness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gert van Rooyen

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not trying to sell anything but are looking for a long range shooting group to join and a range that goes beyond 600yds. Not sure where to go with this request but know there are folks on this board that are doing this and are shooting beyond 600yds. I recently acquired the rifle above and in the picture and want to work my way up in skill and eventually better equipment to shoot a mile. I am a total novice and need a knowledgeable "mentor/s" that can help me get there. I know there are groups out there and it would be great if i could join one to help me shoot a mile.

Please PM me

Gert van Rooyen
770 861 3488

Pictures:
bergara-jpg.3339774

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
There is nowhere in north Georgia with a range that long. Riverbend (membership required) has a 600 yard range, dead zone in south TN goes to 1000 I know there are a couple of private ranges that hit like 2200 but the problem is you're trying to take up a hobby that requires a huge amount of clearing in a state where the biggest natural clearings are at most 50-100 yards. I was incredibly disappointed in how few ranges even over 100-200 yards there were when I moved here from Nebraska and sold off most of that equipment

Yes, a byproduct of living in the forest, and keeping it cleared out is constant effort. Anyway I'm still hoping that someone allows me to join a group or come up with something in the form of a private range that i can join. I have heard there is a 1k range on the military base in Augusta, looking into that.

Gun Site Hills is closest. Goes a tic past 700. I love Chief, but he can be abrasive to the fragile ego individuals. Respect him and his rules, some very odd, and you will be good.

To get to a mile, you'll need to head to Arena in Blakely, GA. They have very limited open range days, so watch their site and social media.

If you are wanting to learn, don't look past putting together a good 22lr. Can learn a lot at 300, and 500 is a blast.

Gun Site Hills is closest. Goes a tic past 700. I love Chief, but he can be abrasive to the fragile ego individuals. Respect him and his rules, some very odd, and you will be good.

To get to a mile, you'll need to head to Arena in Blakely, GA. They have very limited open range days, so watch their site and social media.

If you are wanting to learn, don't look past putting together a good 22lr. Can learn a lot at 300, and 500 is a blast.
Dem rainbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom