• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range "training"

I was checking out some nice X bolts and Bergaras yesterday. I need to add a .308...I would like to have a 6.5cm, but I would think the ammo is still less abundant and more expensive. Is that right? Anyone?

I was at academy yesterday and they had plenty of 6.5 CM it was the only round they had abundant stock of.

I was checking out some nice X bolts and Bergaras yesterday. I need to add a .308...I would like to have a 6.5cm, but I would think the ammo is still less abundant and more expensive. Is that right? Anyone?

When comparing ammo of like quality, I don’t really see a difference in cost.

Reactions: MRH
Nope. Bought the same cost for match grade of either. 6.5 is abundant and more more coming to market. You just don't have the cheap milsurp stuff...yet.

Nope. Bought the same cost for match grade of either. 6.5 is abundant and more more coming to market. You just don't have the cheap milsurp stuff...yet.

Yup. When The Unpleasantness in Iraq and Afghanistan was going hot n’ heavy, you could pick up M118LR/XM118LR for cheap, and it was phenomenal ammo. I shot a 7-shot .4MOA group out of my JP LRP-07 with M118LR.

A buddy of mine that was a contractor brought back a bunch of sealed cans of M118LR and I ended up with it.

Yup. When The Unpleasantness in Iraq and Afghanistan was going hot n’ heavy, you could pick up M118LR/XM118LR for cheap, and it was phenomenal ammo. I shot a 7-shot .4MOA group out of my JP LRP-07 with M118LR.

A buddy of mine that was a contractor brought back a bunch of sealed cans of M118LR and I ended up with it.
I need some friends like that

Back
Top Bottom