• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Long range "training"

Can't believe I've never heard of this one , I don't remember if i did , had to Google . I got to shoot on my neighbor's property before he moved ; he had a rough cut 300yrd+ ..... place to practice/experiment . I can't call it a "range" and keep a straight face BUT Thankful he let me come. First time I became emotionally attached to a 300wm , GoodTimes . I'll talk to my youngest girl about Project Appleseed , Thank you Sir

It’s incredible. I’ve done several of the 22 events and also the long distance events. I prefer to go to talladega camp for the long distance since they have Electronic Targets and you don’t have to walk 600 yards to put up a new targets... it’s quite nice.

The shooting techniques you learn at Appleseed will help in regular shooting and hunting... I have become a much more confident shooter because of Appleseed’s. Maybe we can get an ODT Appleseed shoot together

It’s incredible. I’ve done several of the 22 events and also the long distance events. I prefer to go to talladega camp for the long distance since they have Electronic Targets and you don’t have to walk 600 yards to put up a new targets... it’s quite nice.

The shooting techniques you learn at Appleseed will help in regular shooting and hunting... I have become a much more confident shooter because of Appleseed’s. Maybe we can get an ODT Appleseed shoot together
I noticed they have events Sept-Dec in Canton & Ellijay . I'll make a note to holler back (but feel free to holler at me anytime) . I got PT coming up on the 10th , I Hope, but yes Sir that sounds great. ODT AppleSeed Meet has a ring to it haha

Most of my students shoot .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. Anything similar will work just fine, and I don’t see that my students hit more with one caliber than the other.

In the smaller rounds, 6.5 Grendel works, and no reason that 6mm ARC won’t, either.

Some great rifles out there nowadays for reasonable prices. Happy to make some recommendations if someone needs it. I also have relationships with numerous dealers and vendors, I can probably save you some cash on rifles, optics, ammo, accessories, etc.

Most of my students shoot .308 or 6.5 Creedmoor. Anything similar will work just fine, and I don’t see that my students hit more with one caliber than the other.

In the smaller rounds, 6.5 Grendel works, and no reason that 6mm ARC won’t, either.

Some great rifles out there nowadays for reasonable prices. Happy to make some recommendations if someone needs it. I also have relationships with numerous dealers and vendors, I can probably save you some cash on rifles, optics, ammo, accessories, etc.
Yes Sir, I'd love to add some of these newer calibers to my little collection and will when I can But 308/762x51 show is easier on the piggyBank haha

I was checking out some nice X bolts and Bergaras yesterday. I need to add a .308...I would like to have a 6.5cm, but I would think the ammo is still less abundant and more expensive. Is that right? Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom