Long Range Shoot on Fort Stewart

robster31316

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
5   0
Reaction score
So what's this part mean?

"weapons must be registered on FS/HAAF"

Yeah, I don't like it either but, If you want to use your weapon for anything on Fort Stewart, Hunting, Ranges, of any kind, you must register it on Fort Stewart. Make, Model SN. Same goes if you buy a firearm at the PX on Fort Stewart. You fill out the paperwork at the counter for automatic registration on post.

The problem is, If you trade it or Sell it, and want to have it removed, you have to produce a BOS.

I have about 4 pages worth of firearms registered there as me being the owner, accumulated over more than 20 years that I have been in this area. Half of them I don't own anymore and I cannot remove them or even have them removed because I don't do BOS Crap. MP's do most of the registering but it's run by a Civilian who has not a clue.

Nobody can tell you why but they are quick to tell you that you cannot use any of the resources for firearms on post if you don't. Federal Property I guess is the reason.Not even allowed to transport a firearm through Main Post unless it is registered on post and you are traveling directly through on your way to use it.

Tis why I don't use any of their resources for firearms anymore and have not for at least 5 years now.

Yeah, I don't like it either but, If you want to use your weapon for anything on Fort Stewart, Hunting, Ranges, of any kind, you must register it on Fort Stewart. Make, Model SN. Same goes if you buy a firearm at the PX on Fort Stewart. You fill out the paperwork at the counter for automatic registration on post.

The problem is, If you trade it or Sell it, and want to have it removed, you have to produce a BOS.

I have about 4 pages worth of firearms registered there as me being the owner, accumulated over more than 20 years that I have been in this area. Half of them I don't own anymore and I cannot remove them or even have them removed because I don't do BOS Crap. MP's do most of the registering but it's run by a Civilian who has not a clue.

Nobody can tell you why but they are quick to tell you that you cannot use any of the resources for firearms on post if you don't. Federal Property I guess is the reason.Not even allowed to transport a firearm through Main Post unless it is registered on post and you are traveling directly through on your way to use it.

Tis why I don't use any of their resources for firearms anymore and have not for at least 5 years now.

Same here at Ft Hood. Before I retired I had a few guns registered on post, but I haven’t any since then. The only thing that might change my mind is that they’ve built a three gun range now, as well as an action pistol range. I might have to grin and bear it, as their are no range fees for DoD ID card holders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the Army bases are this way. It is Army regs.
Also dependent on the base commander. Way back when my son in law was on
Fort Gordon the commander there didn't push the rule through so it was never started, at least
not the last time I was there shooting. Been a few years now.
I will be back shooting there now that SIL is back state side and a civie employee on base.

So what's this part mean?

"weapons must be registered on FS/HAAF"
Spoke with a guy at DES (MP Station) yesterday. The intent is for this to go away before rifle season starts. It's been my experience that they never check for weapons registration at this events. However, if something were to happen... well, you know.

Back
Top Bottom