• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lol. GLWS

upload_2020-6-28_11-29-53.png

Is it really market price at $15/box of .223 when I can go in academy and pay $7-8 a box? Hell I just bought 500 rds for $115 shipped to my door.
Don’t get me wrong, I do love pointing and laughing at the losers who post ammo at **** you prices.
Are they losers though when they actually sell it at those prices? What if you don't live next door to Academy or have a cousin that works there to notify you when stock comes in? I used to be one of the whining pissants that bitched and moaned about "ammo flippers" raising prices to stratospheric levels during the "Great Neckbeard Panic of 2013" but then I realized something.

I can't get up at the butt crack of dawn to go stand in line at the ammo counter at Walmart with my sister-wife, cousin-sons, etc., in tow to buy up cheap ammo. I'm glad some folks were able to do that. They provide a service. If I have to pay $25 for a $16 box of Federal Automatch? So what? Do I want to shoot or stand in line at Walmart or drive all over hell and half of Georgia to find cheap 22 LR? I want to shoot. So, I "pay that man his monies" and move on. Then, in 2016 when ammo prices started coming down and supplies increased? I bought up. It's really easy. Eat one less meal at Chic Fil A per week and buy a few boxes of ammo. I'm amazed that more people can't grasp this simple concept.

Are they losers though when they actually sell it at those prices? What if you don't live next door to Academy or have a cousin that works there to notify you when stock comes in? I used to be one of the whining pissants that *****ed and moaned about "ammo flippers" raising prices to stratospheric levels during the "Great Neckbeard Panic of 2013" but then I realized something.

I can't get up at the butt crack of dawn to go stand in line at the ammo counter at Walmart with my sister-wife, cousin-sons, etc., in tow to buy up cheap ammo. I'm glad some folks were able to do that. If I have to pay $25 for a $16 box of Federal Automatch? So what? Do I want to shoot or stand in line at Walmart or drive all over hell and half of Georgia to find cheap 22 LR? I want to shoot. So, I "pay that man his monies" and move on. Then, in 2016 when ammo prices started coming down and supplies increases? I bought up. It's really easy. Eat one less meal at Chic Fil A per week and buy a few boxes of ammo. I'm amazed that more people can't grasp this simple concept.

I just don’t think some guys are educated enough to know you can buy online and get it shipped to your door. At that point it doesn’t matter how far you live from a brick and mortar store. I agree that is their problem and not mine but I guess after a while it gets old. I’m going to beat the dead horse again for a sec and say that ODT didn’t use to be this bad. I haven’t been on this site for a long time but from my experience here there are quite a few people who aren’t in it to make money but to have fun and share knowledge and sell and trade for fun.

I just don’t think some guys are educated enough to know you can buy online and get it shipped to your door. At that point it doesn’t matter how far you live from a brick and mortar store. I agree that is their problem and not mine but I guess after a while it gets old. I’m going to beat the dead horse again for a sec and say that ODT didn’t use to be this bad. I haven’t been on this site for a long time but from my experience here there are quite a few people who aren’t in it to make money but to have fun and share knowledge and sell and trade for fun.
ODT is not a "brotherhood." No matter what folks want to think. There are many members here who give time and money to numerous causes and charitable concerns. Those most generous never seek recognition. But, ODT is essentially a marketplace. People buy, sell and trade here. If your Anderson AR is selling for $1,200 on gunbroker due to a "panic" you are perfectly within your rights to sail it here for $400 or a "pre-panic" price. You might get some hate mail via PMs, but you can do that if you like. Don't bitch if that buyer turns around and sails it for $1,200 on gunbroker though. If you want to list it here for $1,400 in anticipation of the whining lowballers wanting it for $400, you can do that too... No one is stopping you or regulating you. The absolute last thing this site needs is pricing regulation like some others I could name.

And one other thing, just because you see something listed at one price doesn't mean it sold at that price. You'd be astounded at what gets sold or traded but never listed on this site between members who've established trading relationships with each other.

Don't ***** if that buyer turns around and sails it for $1,200 .

seen that type post between a seller and the new owner, last week
seller got PO'ed because the buyer listed the pistol for $300 more than he paid

kind weird for the seller to be mad after the sale, Thread ended up getting deleted

ODT is not a "brotherhood." No matter what folks want to think. There are many members here who give time and money to numerous causes and charitable concerns. Those most generous never seek recognition. But, ODT is essentially a marketplace. People buy, sell and trade here. If your Anderson AR is selling for $1,200 on gunbroker due to a "panic" you are perfectly within your rights to sail it here for $400 or a "pre-panic" price. You might get some hate mail via PMs, but you can do that if you like. Don't ***** if that buyer turns around and sails it for $1,200 on gunbroker though. If you want to list it here for $1,400 in anticipation of the whining lowballers wanting it for $400, you can do that too... No one is stopping you or regulating you. The absolute last thing this site needs is pricing regulation like some others I could name.

And one other thing, just because you see something listed at one price doesn't mean it sold at that price. You'd be astounded at what gets sold or traded but never listed on this site between members who've established trading relationships with each other.

I agree with everything you said. I understand this place isn’t a “brotherhood” like you say. I goofed when I started to hold this place to a higher standard because it outshines and is better than every other site like it. That is my fault. I never meant to get into a back and forth with you because ultimately in the end I just want to be able to point and laugh at some of these ads.

seen that type post between a seller and the new owner, last week
seller got PO'ed because the buyer listed the pistol for $300 more than he paid

kind weird for the seller to be mad after the sale, Thread ended up getting deleted
Happens quite frequently around here. I just price something at what I'd be happy to sell it for and after that couldn't care less what the new owner does with it.

I agree with everything you said. I understand this place isn’t a “brotherhood” like you say. I goofed when I started to hold this place to a higher standard because it outshines and is better than every other site like it. That is my fault. I never meant to get into a back and forth with you because ultimately in the end I just want to be able to point and laugh at some of these ads.
Trust me. You ain't the only one that points and snickers. I do that myself sometimes when I see a "hopeful" ad. Most of the time they are just "starting high" though. This site is hands down the best to list items for sale though. Easy to use and mostly local (although I've done deals out of state with FFLs).

Trust me. You ain't the only one that points and snickers. I do that myself sometimes when I see a "hopeful" ad. Most of the time they are just "starting high" though. This site is hands down the best to list items for sale though. Easy to use and mostly local (although I've done deals out of state with FFLs).

I drove an hour-ish out once on an awesome deal on a g19. You gotta be quick on some of these deals. This site, to me, is the best otherwise I wouldn’t have thrown money at it to be a supporter.

Back
Top Bottom