• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Locksmith/safe opening service

rumrunner55

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
106   0
Reaction score
So gun safe won’t open and I need some recommendations for opening services. In the Cleveland/Helen area and it’s a standard dial lock. Someone may have tampered with the dial

Awww..... that's not as fun as
"ODT safe bash 2020-- first one in gets to keep any gun he wants from it!"

Followed by: "ODT gun auction to raise $$ for pizza, brats, and more beer to keep this party going a few more hours."

Ending with: Tannerite Safe Challenge 2020:
Third place for visibly bulging it.
Second prize for blowing the door off its hinges.
First place to anybody to blow one side of it completely off and detached from the rest.

I’d start with number high, number low.... IE if your combo is 20,40,60 try21,41,61 and 19,39,59

Try maybe 3-4 times is each direction.

Combo locks fail like this way more often then you would think, they have moving parts and should be cleaned and serviced ever few years which no one ever does. Most locks have brass parts inside and will drop or jump a number.

My advice will probably get it open but keep in mind.... it may work that way once or twice or a thousand times, if it’s not serviced or replaced the next time you probably won’t be so lucky.

My advice will probably get it open but keep in mind.... it may work that way once or twice or a thousand times, if it’s not serviced or replaced the next time you probably won’t b
I’ll definitely try this, I can hear the mechanism clicking as I get to combo numbers but sounds like it drops out by the last one

Awww..... that's not as fun as
"ODT safe bash 2020-- first one in gets to keep any gun he wants from it!"

Followed by: "ODT gun auction to raise $$ for pizza, brats, and more beer to keep this party going a few more hours."

Ending with: Tannerite Safe Challenge 2020:
Third place for visibly bulging it.
Second prize for blowing the door off its hinges.
First place to anybody to blow one side of it completely off and detached from the rest.
In.

Can't open the gun safe on The Lord's Day?
Hmm..... maybe He is telling you to go to church instead of the range?

it looks like the lord was looking out for me since I go every Sunday Lolol the dial itself looks like someone attempted to pry the dial away from the safe but only got a 1/4” or so

Back
Top Bottom