• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Local Powder

Abigaylesdad

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
3   0
Reaction score
Where do you shop for powder? In the metro Atlanta or Macon area specifically. Do you have a local source or do you buy in bulk online? Need some powder for my 12GA loader and curious where you all go.

If you get it from a club are they open to the public?

Ga arms in villa rica. That might be a little west of what some consider “metro Atlanta” but I’m only like 20 mins from villa rica. So... I go there often for supplies. Since this whole covid thing started the only powder they’ve been out of that I use is Varget.

I got a 8lb of Hodgdon Universal Clays that's the gold standard for shotguns listed here for sale. Message me if you like.
DSC_3966.JPG

Several options around Macon for Powder. Haven't been out to see what the stock looks like since Covid though.

sorted north to south
Bass Pro (wads, primers and shot sometimes, but usually most expensive)
Academy Sports, only shotgun powder they usually stock is Long Shot though (for heavy loads and pistol), no other shotgun components though.

Firearm Traders on Pio Nono Av (seems like he made have had a 8lb jug of universal last time I looked), some primers and wads.

Chuck's Pawn and gun in Warner Robins (primers also)

Perry Sports Center (in Perry of course, bit further ride). Best selection and most powders in middle GA. They carry primers, shot and wads also.

Rosewood

Several options around Macon for Powder. Haven't been out to see what the stock looks like since Covid though.

sorted north to south
Bass Pro (wads, primers and shot sometimes, but usually most expensive)
Academy Sports, only shotgun powder they usually stock is Long Shot though (for heavy loads and pistol), no other shotgun components though.

Firearm Traders on Pio Nono Av (seems like he made have had a 8lb jug of universal last time I looked), some primers and wads.

Chuck's Pawn and gun in Warner Robins (primers also)

Perry Sports Center (in Perry of course, bit further ride). Best selection and most powders in middle GA. They carry primers, shot and wads also.

Rosewood
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom