• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loadout Questions

My logic is it covers my core and the top of my head and it will simply keep me in the fight a few minutes longer when a minute is an eternity. But in the end even with the armor if your tactics suck you're gonna die.
My logic in a SHTF situation is that ima go for a face shot, especially if it involves someone geared up...

My logic in a SHTF situation is that ima go for a face shot, especially if it involves someone geared up...
You probably won't have time in a CQB type situation. In most CQB encounters it is the weapon in the hands of the enemy that has the bullet hole in it. I wish you luck though. Even the most skilled and experienced hardened combat veterans simply shoot until a threat is down. But like I said the weapon usually gets hit first because that is where your eyes tend to gravitate.

This doesn't take into consideration the element of surprise though and if you have that I applaud your tactics.

You probably won't have time in a CQB type situation. In most CQB encounters it is the weapon in the hands of the enemy that has the bullet hole in it. I wish you luck though. Even the most skilled and experienced hardened combat veterans simply shoot until a threat is down. But like I said the weapon usually gets hit first because that is where your eyes tend to gravitate.

This doesn't take into consideration the element of surprise though and if you have that I applaud your tactics.
I understand the metrics of a preconceived situation....anybody would. I'm only saying that I've shot most of my range time with face/head shots because I know that it's final.

I understand the metrics of a preconceived situation....anybody would. I'm only saying that I've shot most of my range time with face/head shots because I know that it's final.
I like you Gaffer but if I were to go down range and shoot back at you and more than likely hit you your range experience would be totally different. Much love man.

I been in 5 different combat theaters, wounded twice and never worn body armor plates. I have gladly given up those plates for weigh reduction. It allowed me to carry more ammo. We didn’t wear helmets either, we wore boonies. A lot of what Bypass Bypass has said is true. Learn to fight smarter, know your egress points, shoot and move.
JMTC.......good luck

I been in 5 different combat theaters, wounded twice and never worn body armor plates. I have gladly given up those plates for weigh reduction. It allowed me to carry more ammo. We didn’t wear helmets either, we wore boonies. A lot of what Bypass Bypass has said is true. Learn to fight smarter, know your egress points, shoot and move.
JMTC.......good luck

Where is somewhere I could try on carriers? Never seen them on shelves.
I’m stationed on Fort Benning, and there are a few military stores in the area that carry cheap- mid level carriers here. I’m not sure what’s available up towards Atlanta, but I think there is a 5.11 store up there, and they make a decent carrier.

if you can’t try one on, spend some time reading reviews. I find reviews very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom