• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loadout Questions

Here's the thing. Body armor is great if you have medical staff to treat that arm or leg wound you recently acquired but if you are alone and don't have a medic or a doctor then you might want to consider allowing that round that was meant for your heart to pass through because otherwise you are gonna die a painful death regardless.

My best advice to anyone considering body armor is don't get shot in the first place. Fight smarter. Use trickery. use your obstacles. But what ever you do don't offer anyone a FAIR fight where your body armor might come into play.

And yes I own 3 sets for the immediate family and I paid over 3000.00 per set of armor....

A nine millimeter will pass through both sides of a car door to door. Use the engine for cover. Know your surroundings and a 7.62x39 will go through a 12 inch diameter tree.

Bypass, do you really think getting splattered by bullet fragments from your plate being hit, a cheap plate and carrier that doesn't have anti-spall / anti-fragment covering, is WORSE than having a pass-through bullet wound to your torso.
C'mon, man. I know this is the internet and we don't have to think before we type, but..

REALLY ???

Here's the thing. Body armor is great if you have medical staff to treat that arm or leg wound you recently acquired but if you are alone and don't have a medic or a doctor then you might want to consider allowing that round that was meant for your heart to pass through because otherwise you are gonna die a painful death regardless.

My best advice to anyone considering body armor is don't get shot in the first place. Fight smarter. Use trickery. use your obstacles. But what ever you do don't offer anyone a FAIR fight where your body armor might come into play.

And yes I own 3 sets for the immediate family and I paid over 3000.00 per set of armor....

A nine millimeter will pass through both sides of a car door to door. Use the engine for cover. Know your surroundings and a 7.62x39 will go through a 12 inch diameter tree.
I don't even have $3000 per weapons loadout. Not to say I'm poor, but definitely on a budget. With that said, I'm not shppping off ebay either. Lol.

Bypass, do you really think getting splattered by bullet fragments from your plate being hit, a cheap plate and carrier that doesn't have anti-spall / anti-fragment covering, is WORSE than having a pass-through bullet wound to your torso.
C'mon, man. I know this is the internet and we don't have to think before we type, but..

REALLY ???
I'll be honest I understand the argument. Taking rounds in a carrier can be disabling, leading to more pain and suffering. But with that being said, anything that keeps me on my feet longer is worth having/wearing/etc.

REALLY ???
I never mentioned splatter from a plate I'm talking a GSW to your leg or your arm or your shoulder. You will just die slower.

Jblue Jblue Use what you are comfortable with and try to find something that won't slow you down or hinder your movement too much. But I stand by what I said. Avoid a fair fight and do your best not to get hit even if the plate in the carrier absorbs the brunt. Best of luck to you man.

My personal body armor. Tyr tactical. http://www.tyrtactical.com/products/list/plate-carriers-body-armor/

Plates are protech at 900+ each if you can find them. They weigh 3 pounds each. Super light weight and they float if you end up swimming.

IMG_4110.JPG
IMG_4111.JPG
IMG_4112.JPG

When we no longer have guns and ammo you will be right in your assumption. Body armor will make no difference when the Nazi democrats try to put us on our knees.

brutal-germans-ww2-nazi-killing-squads-eisantzgruppen-005.jpg
Body armor covers a small area, if you really need it, probably gonna get shot in other areas too, is it worth it's weight? More i think about it, more i believe it isn't worth it unless it covers more body surface area

Body armor covers a small area, if you really need it, probably gonna get shot in other areas too, is it worth it's weight? More i think about it, more i believe it isn't worth it unless it covers more body surface area
My logic is it covers my core and the top of my head and it will simply keep me in the fight a few minutes longer when a minute is an eternity. But in the end even with the armor if your tactics suck you're gonna die.

Back
Top Bottom