• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading in a small space

John_from_Ga

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
6   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a leeloader starter set and powder etc but I live in an apartment and have a toddler and was wondering what reloaders with small spaces and children do in storing and reloading in small spaces.

When I had confined space in the past I bought a small steel rolling cabinet. In the recess at the top I put a piece of 3/4" plywood and I mounted my press to the back side of the cabinet (so it wouldn't interfere with the drawer operation). It had three shallow drawers in the front, used that to hold bullets, primers and smallish tools/parts, brass, loading blocks, etc. Below the three drawers there was a larger cabinet that I placed larger boxes of slugs and powder bottles. One lock on the front secured all the drawers and lower cabinet so inquisitive kids couldn't get into it. Small and portable enough that a couple of times I put it in the back of my truck to take to my brothers house to load some stuff with him. Definitely easy to wheel around at home to keep it out of the way when not in use. I'll look for a pic of the type of cabinet I had. I think that thing cost me maybe $75, worked perfectly for 15 years.

When I had confined space in the past I bought a small steel rolling cabinet. In the recess at the top I put a piece of 3/4" plywood and I mounted my press to the back side of the cabinet (so it wouldn't interfere with the drawer operation). It had three shallow drawers in the front, used that to hold bullets, primers and smallish tools/parts, brass, loading blocks, etc. Below the three drawers there was a larger cabinet that I placed larger boxes of slugs and powder bottles. One lock on the front secured all the drawers and lower cabinet so inquisitive kids couldn't get into it. Small and portable enough that a couple of times I put it in the back of my truck to take to my brothers house to load some stuff with him. Definitely easy to wheel around at home to keep it out of the way when not in use. I'll look for a pic of the type of cabinet I had. I think that thing cost me maybe $75, worked perfectly for 15 years.

never thought of doing that! That’s a great idea and I definitely will look into it because I have a lot of brass laying around and my wife is sick of me having it.

might as well make ammo

Been using one of these for about 17 years. Top is butcher block. Drilled holes and mounted press. Bullets and primers are in bottom. Keep tools and parts in top drawer. You can roll it around and store where you want, and you don't have to mount anything else to it but the press. It was a little cheaper when I bought mine.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-Kitchen-Island-Cart-White/35004888

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom