• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Listen to the squirrels.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
More often than not a barking squirrel is alerting you that a deer is on its way.
Happened to me again last night.
Squirrel barking kinda snapped me awake on my ladder.
Squirrel was about 75 yards to my right.

Ten min later a nice little 6 point came sneaking up the trail to my right.
I let him walk but chalk another one up to the squirrels for guard dogging.

I hate crows.. but they have alerted me to things coming my way.. plus they’ll tell everything in woods where you are if they ever find you.. hence the reason I hate em
A lot of times they will find a dead deer before the buzzards,if you loose one and go back looking Liston out for them

Alerted me to many deer heading my way, when squirrels bark I get alert. Crow's are great for telling on turkey's. For some reason they love harassing them.

Squirrels will also alert to cats and snakes. I do not get a chance to be in the woods very often, but almost every day while out on my back porch chilling, they start barking and in a minute or two I will see either a feral neighborhod cat wander away or a snake passing thru the yard. Then all goes back to a normal quiet. I love nature. Thanks.

A couple a yrs ago the crows started acting crazy and squeaking a lot.. so I stated watching em pretty hard.. finally a pretty decent sized yote stepped out of the brush.. they are tattletales

Back
Top Bottom