• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

line type for trout fishing........

do you use a backing before the pro? i think i would since the reel is unlikely to be "spooled" by a hooch trout.
i was also suggested to use a 10# braid since the dia is usually around 4#. this way i stand a chance to pull any stuck lures free
maybe. but a 4# or #6 leader would break first usually. what do you use in the hooch 4# leaders always or do you sometimes use 6#? what flouro brand do you use? i had no idea powerpro made such small braid. thats good news right there lol

do you use a backing before the pro? i think i would since the reel is unlikely to be "spooled" by a hooch trout.
i was also suggested to use a 10# braid since the dia is usually around 4#. this way i stand a chance to pull any stuck lures free
maybe. but a 4# or #6 leader would break first usually. what do you use in the hooch 4# leaders always or do you sometimes use 6#? what flouro brand do you use? i had no idea powerpro made such small braid. thats good news right there lol
I use a backing under the braid just to take up the extra room on the spool. I don't think I've ever seen it while fishing. I use the same rod, reel and line for all my trout fishing anywhere, but I use a 7ft rod. I find it's actually easier to use in small tight streams because I can reach around obstacles and just a flick of the wrist can produce a good cast.

I use a flyfishing tipped as my leader material. Orvis Mirage 5x (4.1lb test).

I use a backing under the braid just to take up the extra room on the spool. I don't think I've ever seen it while fishing. I use the same rod, reel and line for all my trout fishing anywhere, but I use a 7ft rod. I find it's actually easier to use in small tight streams because I can reach around obstacles and just a flick of the wrist can produce a good cast.

I use a flyfishing tipped as my leader material. Orvis Mirage 5x (4.1lb test).
i know Mirage. why would you not just use regualr line rather that the more expensive tippet material?

4lb p-line floro for the mountains.

i upgrade to my light bass rig with 8lb p-line floroclear mono if i go to big water with a chance of one of those monster browns lol.

i cant seem to get away with anything above 6# in the hooch.
they just wont come near it.

i never had a issue with it while using bigger water jointed rapalas and spinners and such while below the damn or any big deep water trout areas. always either use straight florocarbon, or a copolymer with floro in it though. although if im still wanting a smaller presentation: live, salmon eggs, trout magnet and such, ill go with a 4-6lb floro leader off the 8lb.

i never had a issue with it while using bigger water jointed rapalas and spinners and such while below the damn or any big deep water trout areas. always either use straight florocarbon, or a copolymer with floro in it though. although if im still wanting a smaller presentation: live, salmon eggs, trout magnet and such, ill go with a 4-6lb floro leader off the 8lb.
you guys actually have luck on those magnets?

Back
Top Bottom