• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Like a Forced booster shot for your cell phone

And I’ll take a set of Demons over fuel injection any day of the week.
I bought a four wheeler because it was the last year of the carb. When I was waiting on it to warm up my fuel injected friends were already gone. I like I could work on carbs. I like I don’t have to work on fuel injection

Yep, not a problem.

If you patronize NAPA, you should note they use dot matrix printers.

I used to drive my secretaries crazy because I used a dot matrix with carbon - all they knew was to used the copy machine,

Photocopy = $.04-07

Carbon copy = $.001, no ink, no toner

I know the labs in the hospitals usually have an old dot matrix printer that run 24/7. I don’t know about NAPA but I know the last two hospitals my wife has work at have had to buy toner and paper from eBay since it’s not available anywhere else.

One of my customers had a dot matrix printer hooked up to a license plate reader. They buy carbon paper from eBay and just respool the toner ribbon when it reaches the end. The toner doesn’t do anything, but the 2nd and 3rd sheet of the carbon have what’s printed while the top sheet is blank. They don’t even separate the carbons unless they need to look something up. They call the top sheet the “security” sheet.

Just looked. Apparently Amazon has dot matrix paper. Holy crap it cost 4 times what regular paper does. Good thing ribbon is cheap.

The company I work for has a zero paper policy. We aren’t even allowed to have printers. There really is almost no reason for paper copies any longer.

The company I work for has a zero paper policy. We aren’t even allowed to have printers. There really is almost no reason for paper copies any longer.
You ever had to prove that a communication was actually received by the intended recipient?

You ever had to prove that what you are showing as a message or document today is actually what was sent 5 years ago, and hasn't been modified in any way?

Good luck doing that with all electronic documents.

You ever had to prove that a communication was actually received by the intended recipient?

You ever had to prove that what you are showing as a message or document today is actually what was sent 5 years ago, and hasn't been modified in any way?

Good luck doing that with all electronic documents.

We have a team of 59 lawyers on staff that worry about that crap. I personally don’t care about any of that.

Paperless office has become very common over the last 5 years or so.

I read a news article a few weeks ago that hundreds of older car-charging stations, many in critical areas, were designed on older 3G networks, and will completely shut down soon. So much of the hardware was based on the compatibility of the 3G, that nearly the whole damn individual systems have to be replaced. Long live the ICE! (even the carbureted ones).

Back
Top Bottom