• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Life Advice?

He’s not using ADHD as a crutch. He’s literally said 3 times he was rejected by a recruiter because of ADHD. That’s it.

It’s like migraines or dyslexia - unless you (or someone close to you) has it you don’t know how difficult it can be. It is very real and for some people very debilitating.

Bailen Bailen this is your life lesson - don’t come on here for good advice.
I’ve read some very insightful things in this thread and I appreciate it all! I understand a lot of the flack though lol. Was definitely not my intentions to get everyone riled up

Maybe. I don’t know at all what I’m looking for. Again, I’m just kind of soul searching and wanting to hear from others
My job was always hard work. It payed very well. It funded my life. My life was not my job. You sound like someone who can't see the forest for all the trees. Jesus went for a long walk. Prolly what you need. Go hike the AT or something. You will learn to appreciate the little things.

I’ve read some very insightful things in this thread and I appreciate it all! I understand a lot of the flack though lol. Was definitely not my intentions to get everyone riled up

I’m definitely not riled up. I learn from people on here constantly and really enjoy it. Like 8 said ... tomorrow’s another day.
Good luck Bailen, you’ll get a handle on it.

You're totally right... All this BS about ADHD is some evil agenda pushed into parents and teens in schools...

I concur..... they told my parents that I was adhd..... my parents treated it with regular ass whooping.(only drug I took was solid wood paddle)..... military and strong parental support is what got me to where I’m at!!

My job was always hard work. It payed very well. It funded my life. My life was not my job. You sound like someone who can't see the forest for all the trees. Jesus went for a long walk. Prolly what you need. Go hike the AT or something. You will learn to appreciate the little things.

Good advice here. I can't tell you how many times as a young man I went for a hike trying to figure things out. Numerous times, I would drive to the Cohuttas on a Saturday and come home the next Saturday. A week by yourself enjoying nature will give you a whole new perspective on life and clear your head. While you're at it, get a flyrod and spend that week learning how to cast. There is a book called, "A Walk in the Woods", get a copy and read it at night by the campfire.

I wasn’t sure where else to post this. Here’s what’s going on though. Im struggling to find my purpose in life, if any at all. Im currently 22 (about to be 23), have been going to college very inconsistently with a couple semesters here and there with plenty of breaks in between. The reason for this is because I can’t seem to figure out what I’m good at or what I want to do. It’s all very overwhelming and I’m getting flustered seeing all my friends graduate while I’m still over here messing around. I know you guys can’t exactly tell me what I should be doing, but I’m hoping someone can share a similar experience and help point me in the right direction.
Not to confuse you anymore...When I was in my 20's I felt the same way.I read something then that I'll never forget.A guy said he spent years in education an gave up everything to be a Doctor an said I'm wealthy but I didn't have my youth.Another guy chimed in an said I lived my youth an enjoyed it ...did it all but I'm not wealthy by no means maybe I should have tried to do better.I quess try to find the middle an happy hunting

At 22 I had no idea what I wanted to do. Work hard and live honest. Opportunities and friendships present themselves if you live right. When I say work hard, I mean an honest 110% effort. I’m sure I would be diagnosed ADHD. I couldn’t sit at a desk for long. I was in and out of college and finally gave working my full attention. Hard labor jobs and now I’ve owned my own company for 25 years. We are smart enough for college, but our strengths are hands on trades. Then you just hire people to sit in the office all day lol.

Back
Top Bottom